Wtb Skar evl-12” and JL Audio hd 1200/1 amp

[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']i'd check out that ascendant mayhem @mylows10 has fs send him a pm see if he can show u some pics and how much he want for it at least..[/QUOTE]

I can I have pics and a price text is best 650-483-4312 JIM

I was thinking of getting this box
SINGLE PORTED 12"
I looked at it and the best I could come up with will be 2ft3 ad and a 29.5hz tune... thats LOW... I owned 2 of those and tuned to 31.5hz they went low well... that 29.5hz tune WILL cause you to lose some output but will slam pretty good... you like decaf?.. that lower tune will make you smile with that sub if you give it clean power... in that box a nice 1200 watt amp will yield around 1000 watts and its ported for that.

I looked at it and the best I could come up with will be 2ft3 ad and a 29.5hz tune... thats LOW... I owned 2 of those and tuned to 31.5hz they went low well... that 29.5hz tune WILL cause you to lose some output but will slam pretty good... you like decaf?.. that lower tune will make you smile with that sub if you give it clean power... in that box a nice 1200 watt amp will yield around 1000 watts and its ported for that.

So what do you think about the set up I’m thinking of getting

EVL 12”

JL Audio jx 1000/1

Fox box

Knuconcept 4 gauge

Arc audio 600/4 xdi

Existing speakers polk 6 1/2 and 6x9

97 Honda civic

So what do you think about the set up I’m thinking of gettingEVL 12”

JL Audio jx 1000/1

Fox box

Knuconcept 4 gauge

Arc audio 600/4 xdi

Existing speakers polk 6 1/2 and 6x9

97 Honda civic
Honestly... build a 2.25ft3 box tuned to 31hz ported for your power and configured for your vehicle... its not that hard to diy a box if you let people help and try.

Honestly... build a 2.25ft3 box tuned to 31hz ported for your power and configured for your vehicle... its not that hard to diy a box if you let people help and try.
Problem is my local guy charges me $300 at least just to build a box

And I’m no good for making boxes

Problem is my local guy charges me $300 at least just to build a box And I’m no good for making boxes
That $300 may well be the most well spent expense you incur for the entire system... lol... a well built and tuned/properly configured enclosure is so important that I can't stress the importance enough... if you'd audition a system thats done correctly the result is obvious to anyone... a fox box may be easy and adequate but its not optimum

That $300 may well be the most well spent expense you incur for the entire system... lol... a well built and tuned/properly configured enclosure is so important that I can't stress the importance enough... if you'd audition a system thats done correctly the result is obvious to anyone... a fox box may be easy and adequate but its not optimum
I agree with shredder2. Idk if the OP is gonna listen though, seems like he has his mind set on what he originally picked out is why I said the prefab box would be fine but its def not Ideal lol.

OP the enclosure is a big part of a system. If you can find a good builder that knows what he is doing, it may be worth the extra funds. An enclosure can either make or break a build. A good builder can work wonders on matching up a good enclosure to your sub / power requirements. I've seen 2 tiny little subs in a custom ported box sound like it had 2 subs that you would of swore was a lot more beefier (just an example of optimum enclosure).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I know what you guys mean. Budget build so I was trying to spend a whole lot of $$

Will see

Thanks guys for the the input

Much appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.