WTB: Services Chicago area

Participant count
  • Participant list

TurdFergueson2
5,000+ posts

Team D.O.A.
Chicago
I've been riding around without music for almost a month. It's about time to put the stuff back in. I am looking to get someone in the Chicago area either this weekend or next weekend to just run my wires, and possibly make a board for the amps. I plan on getting a custom box built by mlstrass sometime next month. For now, I need all 4 or my doors redone as well as the power from the battery to the back done. I had it in, but I did not like the way it was.

Car is a 1999 Chrysler 300m. I have all the wire for the doors and a long enough run of power wire to reach anywhere in the car. The back seat and carpet has been taken out for easy access. I am also willing to assist.

If you can possibly give me a ballpark price for the services it would be appreciated.

Cliffs: Need chicago area installer (within 25 mile radius) to run wires for amps as well as make a rack. Willing to help out as well.

dumb question but why not do it yourself?
Agreed. Run the wires yourself and just have mlstrass build your amp rack with the box that he will be building you.

Running wires is the simple but PITA part. Then if you get stuck or have any problems you can find someone to help on the board or locally.

Always try stuff first. I'm currently stuck on getting my **** components in the doors so I just had to ask for help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i can help with running the wires, by where do you stay at, i have all the tools at my house, and you can stop by. pm your number
Will do. I'm on the west side. You are near Chinatown right?

dumb question but why not do it yourself?
Not a dumb question. The biggest thing is running the power wire. Last time I had it going through some hole I found. It wasn't the fire wall though. So I took it out. The doors I did have done last year, but I ripped the wire out to go bigger. Probably not worth it, but the stuff I have now has a red and black lead with a thicker jacket.

Agreed. Run the wires yourself and just have mlstrass build your amp rack with the box that he will be building you.
Running wires is the simple but PITA part. Then if you get stuck or have any problems you can find someone to help on the board or locally.

Always try stuff first. I'm currently stuck on getting my **** components in the doors so I just had to ask for help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

You guys are right though. I should just **** it up and do it. It's mainly not enough time and being lazy. When I do have time, I am usually not in the mood to mess with it. I did do some deadening in the trunk Wednesday. I pretty much got the whole thing done.

Great choice choosing mlstrass to do your box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Premier 800PRS. the 6.5 RSDs and my backup 4 channel autotek amp. I am waiting on the AQ 4 channel and I would match it with the 2200D. I have a 1900 watt Supersport that I would get rid of for money towards them. I think I just want one nice 12 as well. I had two Premier 3001 d4s in a ported prefab, but I want to just do 1. Maybe the BTL 12 or one of those aluminum hdc312s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.