WTB rca noise filter

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif i never tough i would ask for that since my instal are always top notch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

this time around, the sub amp is making noise into the whole system, can't stand it and nothing worked as far as fixing this

so i need a bandaid. Quality noise filter that won'T affect the system performance if possible.

i know few of you guys should have them. if not tell me where i can get one that's not too bad

They work well. My adcom line drivers caused noise no matter what I tried a million different power and ground methods including a star. I used a PAC line level filter and no noise.

You may have another issue then!!! I've used a bunch of these before...they CAN indeed work!
Idk what else it could be.. I have alt whine but its not all the time.. sometimes it will be there and be when i accelerate.. other times it will do that and also when I use electrical things.. turn on the ac or wind the windows up or down.. etc..

[quote name=vitveet;6679071

Nah' date=' not a good idea to do that bro. You want your ground as short as possible and having a 16-17ft ground isn't exactly "as short as possible"!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

V.[/quote]

It is fine if the resistance is lower than the grounding point.. think of it as the whole car being the ground.. its the same distance either way.. doing both will help if you don't want to measure the resistance

well someone help me get rid of my aLT whine? im thinking a better ground up front at the battery woul be the best way? I get more noise when the rear window defroster is on but also when im accelerating or when the volumes is all the way down I jus hear...well a whine or jus noise...

.. shouldn't have ordered one that quick from ebay... but i'm just tired of this.

I know the whine and noise are coming from my new 5k amp. did all test and nothing get rid of it when i hook the sub amp.

If the one i ordered don't work i'll try an more expensive one. I just hope it won't affect the sound quality overall... but now it just stinks.. can't stand it anymore

shop around got noise filter for antenna and power wire. no use there

oh yeah every single amp grounded directly at the rear batt... short wire ..

Jacob says the amp is not faulty...

maybe your alt has A (one, single, mono) bad diode...don't think there is a filter rugged enough to fix that.
were you talking to me?

everything works fine in the system (2 amp beside the substage one) and as soon as i hook it up... noise in every single amp... car on or off (noise when off... alty whine when on)

were you talking to me?
everything works fine in the system (2 amp beside the substage one) and as soon as i hook it up... noise in every single amp... car on or off (noise when off... alty whine when on)
ahh...soon as you hook up the sub amp?

have you tested resistance between sub amp ground and batt -?

ahh...soon as you hook up the sub amp?
have you tested resistance between sub amp ground and batt -?
there are at the same exact spot. Batterie ground and chasis ground are the same too... Same as batt in front. Instal is perfect in every ways... i know where the problem is

I thought a lot of guys on here did there groundoff the front battery? if its not a good idea then what should I do to get rid of my alt whine?
its install dependent. I run one to the front batt and accords are notorious for alt whine noise issues

well someone help me get rid of my aLT whine? im thinking a better ground up front at the battery woul be the best way? I get more noise when the rear window defroster is on but also when im accelerating or when the volumes is all the way down I jus hear...well a whine or jus noise...
welcome to having an accord.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.