WtB: Pioneer 80prs or similair Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Got a mint old school alpine cda-9833 does everything a 80 dies except the independent left and right eq. Have a ainet to rca plug that goes with. The cord allows ipod or iPhone connection thru RCA's you would need a cord that outputs the sound to rca. Or use the rca to 3.5 aux cord I have to include with headunit. Have all og items except the remote. Could do 100 shipped.

My head unit just stopped working and I am looking to replace with a 80prs or similiar headunit. I do not want touch screen at all but it can be either single or double din. Just looking for features that the 80prs has. Thank you
Maybe check out the Clarion CZ702? Has many of the same features for a better price.

Got a mint old school alpine cda-9833 does everything a 80 dies except the independent left and right eq. Have a ainet to rca plug that goes with. The cord allows ipod or iPhone connection thru RCA's you would need a cord that outputs the sound to rca. Or use the rca to 3.5 aux cord I have to include with headunit. Have all og items except the remote. Could do 100 shipped.
Exaplin that again please

As far as eq settings go like ta, crossovers, what does the cz702 have?
A lot less EQ options and tuning options. Horrible screen visibility in the sun aka major sun glare issues. Has a stupid amp guard feature that goes off prematurely. Time alignment doesn't really make a big difference. Harder to access menus than the 80 prs IMO. I'd skip the unit purely due to not being able to see it during the day. Not even anywhere half of the 80 pr's caliber.

Its okay if you want something with 3 way active network for cheap thats basically it.

If you want something with lots of tuneability, Try the soundstream harmony DSP. 31 bands of independant left and right EQ for 8 channels of output along with limitless crossover and time alignment options. 200$ new off ebay.

you can run midbass, tweeter, midrange and subwoofer for a 4 way active setup with this unit vs only 3 way with all the other head units on the market.

Exaplin that again please
I have a mint alpine cda-9833. It includes all original materials except the remote. This unit will do everything the 80prs can, except the independent left and right eq. Its three way active. And I can include accessory's to allow you to use mp3 players and phones. All for 100 shipped. Google alpine cda-9833 there is plenty to be found on this awesome old school head unit.

I have a brand new in the box Pioneer 80PRS and I also have an Alpine CDA-9835. You obviously know what the 80PRS is and the 9835 is one of the better head units Alpine ever made and would allow for you to go fully active.

OK, good luck bud. What cheap double din with 5v pre-outs are you going to get? Also, if you don't want touch screen, why do you want a double din? Lastly, if you go get a "cheap" double din, are you also planning on buying a DSP? Is an active fully adjustable sound stage not a priority or do you just want a large head unit without touch screen or DSP capability for a cheap price?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.