Wtb: Palm Pilot or Windows Mobile Based phone with Bluetooth

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Hey guys, my $1700 Asus G73Jw laptop, with Bluetooth, doesnt like the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1's program. It keeps crashing on me and I have tried all compatability changes from Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP SP1 and SP2, Windows 2000, Windows 7 32 Bit and 64 Bit, etc... And nothing is working. Once I click on the program to open it, it crashes immediately. It has worked in the past, but everything was shifted.

So I am looking for a Windows Mobile based phone or a Palm Pilot with Bluetooth. This way here, I can keep the phone in my center console so I can make adjustments to my Digital Sound Processor as needed.

I dont care what carrier it is, if it even works with a carrier, if I get sound or the microphone works. I just need to be able to put the program on it and the screen to work. It doesnt have to be in perfect condition either. I just need this phone or Palm Pilot for my 3Sixty.1 only. I will be using this to tune my friends 3Sixty.1 that I will be installing this weekend also, so I will need it by Friday, or will have to use USPS to get it here by Saturday. If I have to pay for Fedex or UPS Saturday Delivery or 2 day or overnight, then I will have to do that.

Im not looking to spend much, so I dont need a super new phone or anything.

So let me know what you got! Thanks!

Rockford Fosgate's 3Sixty.1 program is only compatible with a Windows Mobile based phone or a Palm Pilot. Back when they developed this DSP and the software for it, they didnt have Androids and iPhones around.

Yeah, I asked them about Blackberry's and they said no.

You can click on this link and it shows you what their software is compatible with.

Palm Pilots

Windows Mobile Based phones

and

Windows laptops

Must have Bluetooth capabilities

well that *****. sorry man. i have a few older laptops laying around but i doubt you want to be driving around with a laptop just chilling on your seat

btw did you try running the program as an admin (as in right click the shortcut and select Run As Administrator). you may be an administrator on the computer but that doesnt always mean anything.

Yeah, I already have a $1700 laptop. I want a phone or Palm Pilot I can just keep in my center console rather than having to drag my big laptop down everytime I want to make an adjustment. When you are doing EQing you tend to find songs that hits notes and you feel the need to make a change so I want to be able to do it on the fly. Doing a fresh install, it usually takes a good month of listening over time to get your EQ settings right.

I have even thought about getting a whole new Digital Sound Processor or even just upgrading to a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT. I wont have near the amount of EQing options as its a touch screen, but it is their top of the line model. It has a 7 band EQ, so I would still like to have more EQ bands.

Rockford is coming out with a new DSP. The 3Sixty.3, which will have direct connect-ability aswell as developing software for iPhones. I have a Droid 3 and wont ever be switching to an iPhone, but the problem is.. is that the 3Sixty.3 is like $600. It has like, 153 EQ Bands total over 6 channels.It has 31 bands of EQ per channel. Thats pretty amazing, but oh, the price. Jeeez. With my 3Sixty.1, it has more EQ bands in the front, I think like, 8 bands, 6 bands for the rear, 2 for the sub (thats pathedic) and I never messed with the center channel as I dont have a center channel.

Here is the new 3Sixty.3 screen shot. Its an amazing DSP. I wish I could afford it. Maybe I'll opt for the 3Sixty.2, which is discontinued also, but has more EQ bands and has the ability to adjust octive and slopes.

Untitled-12.jpg

Here is the cheapest price I could find on Google Shopping. $599 from SonicElectronics

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34749_Rockford-Fosgate-3SIXTY.3.html?SearchClickout%5Bquery_id%5D=7975394&SearchClickout%5BIgnore%5D=1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Trancer

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Trancer
Allen, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies