WTB, New or Used 6.5" Component Set

SeniorXJ
10+ year member

Ive been reading & researching tons of 6.5" components by brand & by price & am looking for SQ with clear mids & vocals, but equaly as important they need to handle HIGH volume without distortion!! I can only afford a set in the $150 to $300 dollar range so show me what u have as im expecting id most likely be buying used with this type of a thread.

Quick examples would be Focal Polyglass 165VB, JBL MS-62C MS Series, or Image Dynamics CTX; but am NOT limited to these choices.

Thanks!

I have MS-62C in stock, and another good choice in that range is the CDT Audio HD-62CF. That set is rated to handle a lot more power than MS-62C. I can do a better price than shown on that link.
They picked such an odd crossover point to rate those HDs (why not do at 100Hz or 80Hz instead?), but yes they sound amazing, even if you don't give them full rated power.

OP, I went with the MS62c comps and have far less complaints than I ever have in the past with other lines (Focal, Rainbow, JL, Alpine, Infinity, etc). Are they the be all end all? No. But they are extremely well-manufactured given the price point and, like the CDTs, are relatively efficient with power.

They picked such an odd crossover point to rate those HDs (why not do at 100Hz or 80Hz instead?), but yes they sound amazing, even if you don't give them full rated power.
The only thing that makes sense is it makes the power ratings go up.

The only thing that makes sense is it makes the power ratings go up.
Fair enough. So I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see them rated closer to 100W when crossed at 80Hz. Doesn't mean they're bad comps, just weird specifications.

Fair enough. So I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see them rated closer to 100W when crossed at 80Hz. Doesn't mean they're bad comps, just weird specifications.
Power ratings are messed up since the standard for car audio is RMS Watts. Pro Audio doesn't use RMS and for good reason. I don't know enough to explain it but I could dig up some info.

Power ratings are messed up since the standard for car audio is RMS Watts. Pro Audio doesn't use RMS and for good reason. I don't know enough to explain it but I could dig up some info.

Ive been reading & researching tons of 6.5" components by brand & by price & am looking for SQ with clear mids & vocals, but equaly as important they need to handle HIGH volume without distortion!! I can only afford a set in the $150 to $300 dollar range so show me what u have as im expecting id most likely be buying used with this type of a thread. Quick examples would be Focal Polyglass 165VB, JBL MS-62C MS Series, or Image Dynamics CTX; but am NOT limited to these choices.

Thanks!
We are actually have a special this month. CDT CL-62 Component set for only $195 shipped bnib. Great quality and will last.

Vertex Audio - your best source for CDT Audio, Sonawall, and more! Best prices, best service, honest advice, and always authorized! - Vertex Audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.