WTB High End components

Why not just get a set of Focal 165K2P UV new for 1/3rd your budget?
I heard their new kevlar tweeter isn't as harsh in this set. How do you like yours? I have been debating an attemt to try the 165krx3 or even spending the extra bucks and getting the Utopia Be No.7

You sure? He had a link to a review on them that was a very good one ill try to get him to post ithttp://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365910
I can't say that I am impressed with the CK-16.2. It is not as flexible as many of the other component systems I have tested and the performance is really only average. In fact, it is surpassed by some coaxials I have tested. As I said above, we are just beginning to reevaluate our ideas about performance. Distortion may not sound too bad, and in the perfect mounting combination the Zapco system may sound great. Eric, did you hear what I tested?

THAT part of the review scared me when I read this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I can't say that I am impressed with the CK-16.2. It is not as flexible as many of the other component systems I have tested and the performance is really only average. In fact, it is surpassed by some coaxials I have tested. As I said above, we are just beginning to reevaluate our ideas about performance. Distortion may not sound too bad, and in the perfect mounting combination the Zapco system may sound great. Eric, did you hear what I tested?
THAT part of the review scared me when I read this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Guess you missed this part at the end of the article:

"Conclusion

I was a little skeptical of these speakers when I heard that they were a first effort from an amplifier company. Even the fact that they were from Zapco did not assuage my doubt. But after listening to them and living with them, I am a believer. These are one of the best component systems I have listened to; I would put them within the top five. What is interesting is that they are the least expensive of my top five, too. While $1,159 is a lot of money (and Zapco is working to improve the owneris manual and the other things I whined about earlier), I have to say the Zapco CK-16.2's may just be a deal at this price. You need to go and listen to them. Take your favorite CDs and goo.. right now. Go...."

BTW, I'm selling them for under half the price they retail for. Why spend 2k when you can spend a quarter of that?

Guess you missed this part at the end of the article:
"Conclusion

I was a little skeptical of these speakers when I heard that they were a first effort from an amplifier company. Even the fact that they were from Zapco did not assuage my doubt. But after listening to them and living with them, I am a believer. These are one of the best component systems I have listened to; I would put them within the top five. What is interesting is that they are the least expensive of my top five, too. While $1,159 is a lot of money (and Zapco is working to improve the owneris manual and the other things I whined about earlier), I have to say the Zapco CK-16.2's may just be a deal at this price. You need to go and listen to them. Take your favorite CDs and goo.. right now. Go...."

BTW, I'm selling them for under half the price they retail for. Why spend 2k when you can spend a quarter of that?
You bring up a good point on the price. I am just REALLY picky with music and if I go cheap on my car audio I KNOW I'll be right back on here looking for something different. I did read that article and the conclusion had me debating but I have been leaning towards:

Focal Utopia be no 7

Alpine F#1 Status SPX Z18T

Genesis (absolute)

Hybrid Audio Legatias

Dynaudio System360

Seas Lotus Reference

Hertz Mille MK3

....something along those lines, not sure what yet.

What kind of room do you have for the comps, are you looking for big midbass (10"), multi 6.5s or just a really nice set of comps? also 2 or 3 way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.