WTB Blown amp

Spooney
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Looking for a blown amp. Not really looking for anything in particular just needs to have all of the important parts (like the transistor clamp downs) and the board needs to actually be repairable(no holes or serious burning of the copper). Please PM with anything you might have and have pics if at all possible. Price paid will depend on what the amp is but I do not plan on paying much over 50 shipped unless you have something I can't live without. I am taking the chance at buying a nice size paperweight so please don't get too crazy with your expectations. There is always the chance something is completely unrepairable even though it may look fixable to the naked eye and I would prefer to not completely lose my a$$. Thanks for looking.

I got a PPI PC250 the power supply mosfets are trashed. It's not mine so i will ask my buddy about it if you are interested.
If spoony doesnt want it.

as your buddy how much he wants with shipping to seattle wa. I have a pc450 and the audio is bad. I could probably use the parts from that one to get one good working amp.

I don't have much interest in buying blown PPI because if the preamp driver cards are bad it can be very tricky if not impossible to repair them. Its all yours man

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everybody who chimed in. I think I have all the offers I need for now. Just trying to narrow it down to which ones I'd like to get now. I am still waiting on pics from a few of you out there though.

Thanks everybody who chimed in. I think I have all the offers I need for now. Just trying to narrow it down to which ones I'd like to get now. I am still waiting on pics from a few of you out there though.
i just sent pics. idk if you're still interested or not. let me know

i got a power acoustic ab3000d the blew the power suply frets and the fan broke shouldt be over 20-30 to fix it. wouldn't do any lower then like 80 + shipping

I pm'ed bassin buck about the ppi. thanks for the reply spooney.
If the owner reads this, or the pm i sent, I dont need it anymore. Good luck on the repair though.

For Spoony. Thanks again for the answer. Pretty sure I have mine fixed, it wasnt as far gone as I expected. Just one of the outputs. and a few other things in the area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.