Participant count
  • Participant list

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hello,*

From your experience I would like to know:

1- Which is the best and recommended 55w hid ballast to buy, with real 55w output and at a decent price?(please provide website if possible)

2- If i have already have a 35w hid kit, Will only changing the ballast to 55w do the trick?

3- Will these 55w hid kit do any harm, damage or melting to my Morimoto Mini D2S Projectors?

Thank you in advance.

You seem to have already done business with theretrofitsource.com. I use Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 projectors and TRS 5,000K bulbs with Racesport CANBUS compatible ballasts. Call TRS 404-220-7940, they will take care of you.

You seem to have already done business with theretrofitsource.com. I use Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 projectors and TRS 5,000K bulbs with Racesport CANBUS compatible ballasts. Call TRS 404-220-7940, they will take care of you.
Are yours 55w hids?

No, 35W. I have had 0 need for more powerful lights now that I have good projectors, and that is with me driving on rural 2-lane roads where everyone is watching for deer.
That's good to know. Can you send me a video or link on detailed instructions on how to install my mini D2S projectors on my 2002 Nissan Maxima SE?

Would not recommend 55watts with any of the mini projectors personally. You run a high risk of burning the bowls. If you really want to run 55watts I would Highly recommend running OEM D2s bulbs.

Ive ran Morimoto bulbs and ballast on my car and truck for years with zero problems.

Done quite a few retrofits as well.

DDM is the Boss audio of HIDs.

Would not recommend 55watts with any of the mini projectors personally. You run a high risk of burning the bowls. If you really want to run 55watts I would Highly recommend running OEM D2s bulbs.
Ive ran Morimoto bulbs and ballast on my car and truck for years with zero problems.

Done quite a few retrofits as well.

DDM is the Boss audio of HIDs.
Ok, Morimoto it is.

And you said to use oem bulbs, won't the color be to yellow?

I've heard that when you go to 55w ballast the color tends to be different, is it true?

Ok, Morimoto it is.And you said to use oem bulbs, won't the color be to yellow?

I've heard that when you go to 55w ballast the color tends to be different, is it true?

By OEM I mean Philips 85122 D2S bulbs. They are 4300k. Put out 3200 lumens. They come OEM in a lot of luxury cars.

Yes 55watts tends to be a little lighter in color then 35watts. A 55watt 6000k will look like a 5000k 35 watt most of the time(depending on quality of ballast and bulbs)

The higher in Kelvin you go the less light output you will get though. 4300k will get you the most output but with a hint of yellow.

I run 5000k (3000 lumen output) which is pure white. But my cutoff has a nice blue/purple in it.

By OEM I mean Philips 85122 D2S bulbs. They are 4300k. Put out 3200 lumens. They come OEM in a lot of luxury cars.
Yes 55watts tends to be a little lighter in color then 35watts. A 55watt 6000k will look like a 5000k 35 watt most of the time(depending on quality of ballast and bulbs)

The higher in Kelvin you go the less light output you will get though. 4300k will get you the most output but with a hint of yellow.

I run 5000k (3000 lumen output) which is pure white. But my cutoff has a nice blue/purple in it.
Ok,

1- Are you using 55w ballast? With 35w hid bulb?

2- Since we know that the best output is at 4300k on a 35w ballast and the color changes with the 55w ballast, what color k hid bulb should i get to achieve the best light output on the 55w ballast?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.