WTB: 6" aeroports

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've never had issues with the PE ports and I've been using them for years in some of the enclosures I've built. To each their own. You just lost out on $60 trying to get the product for cheaper and ended up getting ripped off. I'd rather pay a little more with the satisfaction and knowledge that I will receive the product and if there's an issue I can go back to the company. I'm not really hit hard with shipping, but I have a merchant account with them. $30-$40 for a a 6" aero port isn't bad.

If it's too much your best option is to make your own. As stated before there's tons of DIY out there.

I've never had issues with the PE ports and I've been using them for years in some of the enclosures I've built. To each their own. You just lost out on $60 trying to get the product for cheaper and ended up getting ripped off. I'd rather pay a little more with the satisfaction and knowledge that I will receive the product and if there's an issue I can go back to the company. I'm not really hit hard with shipping, but I have a merchant account with them. $30-$40 for a a 6" aero port isn't bad.
If it's too much your best option is to make your own. As stated before there's tons of DIY out there.
i understand they WILL work im just stating that i want

1. a thicker stronger port (pvc pipe)

2. custom length (PE only goes to 17)

3. one solid piece as opposed to a put together kit.

and as i have stated i have tried flaring it no problem, the problem is getting the flange on it to mount to the box.

well someone pointed out these steel bellmouth ends here Welcome Page 1 lady was very informative.I bought the 10" which is 9 7/8 od and my sonotube is 9 7/8 id so it should be a perfect match for me but getting the 6" i think you will need to buy the pipe they sell.

they also do custom size's

the 10" bellmouths are $19 each plus shipping so i think the 6" should be pretty cheap

very awesome ill save that page. going with PVC pipe today. gonna sand the ends round and line inside and out with metal tape so it should be ultra smooth to make up for not going with flares. although i may buy these and tack them on later if they fit. thanks for the info stevew007

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.