Wow...modeling clay really does work

bikinpunk
10+ year member

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
Alabama
I decided to pull my door panels off today and used some of the modeling clay I bought a long time ago to help seal up the speaker & mdf ring. I only did driver's side today, but man, I can tell a huge difference in midbass response. I'm definately doing the passenger side soon.

Put it under the ring and on top of the ring and build up all around the sides so it makes a little hill going up to the ring. The more clay you use the better because it adds massive weight and it absorbs vibration as well. If I only had one choice between deadner and clay I would go with lots of clay everytime.

I just did the same thing to my speakers the other day. I did notice a nice improvement from them also //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I live in Dallas and it routinely got above 100 degrees outside and the clay did fine, it will get softer but not drip and melt. I tested it in the oven around 150 degrees and it will get very soft and lose some stability. I have since taken my door panels off and they made it through the summer with zero problems.

This may sound retarted but im trying to figure out exactly how this goes in. Im worried that the extra MDf between the speaker and the door will make it stick out too far to mount the interior door panel back on. Is that something i should be concerned about???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.