Would this be safe?

LHSroller
10+ year member

Welch
Would it be possible to wire 4 300RMS subwoofers to a JBL 1200.1? or would this create to much of a load? What would be the best...buying single 4 ohm voice coil and wiring down to one or buying DVC and wiring to 2? What sub would work the best? Would it be louder than 2 say 600RMS subs? Its in the back of a chrysler LHS (granny car) sound quality is important, but loudness is the most important.

Is the amp 1 ohm stable?? I think the amp won't be able to hold it for a long period of time. If you ran them parrell it will bring it down to 1.33 ohms I think. I would try a different amp and it would be a class D if your running that kinda load

just look for a sub that is close 2 the RMS rating of your amp and then go from there DVC would go good but also remember that it is all about the box if your subs cant handle what your amp is giving them and your not going for SPL then go with a sealed box this will give your subs a longer life and make them handle more then say a ported box but again its all about the box.

hehe this is only my 3rd post here, i kinda wandered on here but car audio is a serious passion of mine, dr pierre seems to a lot of the same opinions as i do and knows his ****! it is all about the box. what you have in cheaper components you can make up a lot for with a well designed box. just to give you an idea, in high school, some guy that didn't much know jack about car audio was running 2 12's and it was installed ok, but sounded like someone beating a rug with a bat, with my one 10" in a box i built and designed myself, my bass was louder and cleaner than his, i was running an old jbl with a torn foam surround that fixed with some rubber cement or something. his ass was trying to tell me it sounded about the same, but even if it was the same, 2 12's vs 1 10? comon!

Well the jbl 1200.1 is a class d amp and it is stable at 1 ohm, It doesn't however put out any more power at 1 ohm than at 2. as for which would hit harder 2 or 4 subs that just depends on what quality subs you were thinking about. if you tell us which subs you were thinking about we could give you opinions about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.