Would my image dynamic idq's sound better in a diffrent box

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alright I got it tuned with my dmm. It was really really close to the 31v already but it does sound a little better. Sounds great on rap songs, just with my rock and other genre's had the same sq.
Is it the sq that isnt up to par, or do you just not like the sound of a sealed box, like me? I dont know what it is but sealed boxs just dont sound right to me. Just a personal preference, even though lots of people feel sealed boxs are good for rock and kickdrums and whatnot.

I have ran some in ported and sealed enclosures. Your enclosure is on the large side though for 10s. If you shrunk that down you would be impressed a lot more with the overall sound I'm sure. The space you have now is close to the sized needed after all displacements for porting.

I have ran some in ported and sealed enclosures. Your enclosure is on the large side though for 10s. If you shrunk that down you would be impressed a lot more with the overall sound I'm sure. The space you have now is close to the sized needed after all displacements for porting.
lol i misread first post. Thought it said .65 per sub. ^^^this is correct. That box is too big.

imo they'd sound much better ported tuned low, like 28hz in 2.5-3ft^3. I'm sure you could get a designer on here help you find out what would be optimal, that was just a quick estimation.

Pro-rabbit and Ram_designs both do great work and it's only a few bucks.

Edit: I see you're strapped for space. You might still be able get a decent ported box in there and will still sound good if fed a good amount of power. Might just lose a little bit of low end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.