WoofersEtc story Nakamichi CD400

Bought a Nakamichi CD400 from them direct. Should have gone through their Amazon account for guarantee. So after 6 months the CD is skipping. Playing music for 30 minutes the unit is so hot the CDs come out hot. I am using the onboard amp so they tell me that my speakers are inefficient and it is overloading the HU. Then the CD won't play when it's cold out (New England) or when it's hot (summer).

How is it that a HU cannot drive a set of component speakers after boasting a powerful onboard amp?

So I remove the unit and send it to Woofersetc. After chasing them down after not answering my emails, they tell me I owe them $20 since their techs can't find anything wrong with it. So I proceed to detail what's wrong and they'll look into it more. After chasing them down again via the phone as they won't respond to emails, they tell me yes indeed the unit skips and they will be sending a new one. No apology for being wrong or anything.

Now I see threads online from other CD400 owners who had the same issues.

Anyhow, I cannot recommend Woofersetc for their poor communication and poor tech support.

-TZ

Bought a Nakamichi CD400 from them direct. Should have gone through their Amazon account for guarantee. So after 6 months the CD is skipping. Playing music for 30 minutes the unit is so hot the CDs come out hot. I am using the onboard amp so they tell me that my speakers are inefficient and it is overloading the HU. Then the CD won't play when it's cold out (New England) or when it's hot (summer).
How is it that a HU cannot drive a set of component speakers after boasting a powerful onboard amp?

So I remove the unit and send it to Woofersetc. After chasing them down after not answering my emails, they tell me I owe them $20 since their techs can't find anything wrong with it. So I proceed to detail what's wrong and they'll look into it more. After chasing them down again via the phone as they won't respond to emails, they tell me yes indeed the unit skips and they will be sending a new one. No apology for being wrong or anything.

Now I see threads online from other CD400 owners who had the same issues.

Anyhow, I cannot recommend Woofersetc for their poor communication and poor tech support.

-TZ
That ***** and all, but if you're buying a nak unit, why aren't you using an amp? Are you also using factory speakers? I don't get it. Why did you go with nak?

That ***** and all, but if you're buying a nak unit, why aren't you using an amp? Are you also using factory speakers? I don't get it. Why did you go with nak?
because its got a HUUUGE onboard amp remember //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I forgot to mention I put Soundstream components in the front doors, mid and tweeter. Not using the rears. I would think the onboard amp should drive them IMHO.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

NAK for SQ!!!

I forgot to mention I put Soundstream components in the front doors, mid and tweeter. Not using the rears. I would think the onboard amp should drive them IMHO. 

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

NAK for SQ!!!
uhhhh. So you are driving at least 3 different speakers with each channel of your hu? How do you have it wired? I am certain that this is your problem. There is no way to make this come out right. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

NAK for SQ!!!
Yeah you need separate amps if you want to run a 3 way front setup. If you going to do the same thing with the new h/u, you WILL mess it up again.....

You gotta bridge the radio to get all the power you want out of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Twilightzone

Twilightzone
Manchester, NH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date