WOofersetc...Company thoughts???

Participant count
  • Participant list

jonB
10+ year member

holy moses indeed...after scouring google for comments on this car audio e-tailer I too am feeling angst!!! Granted any comment of e-tailer business experiences like anything else must be taken with a grain of salt...particularily when you take into account that 1 negative experience will reach mythic proportions as opposed to a good buying experience which probably results in no or at best, few good praise posts. E.g loyalists vs. loses.

WIth that said...this Woofersetc.. was accused by some buyers as either a 'front' or some business that really doesnt even exist!! So...appparently the owner is very rude and brash, he returns e-mails on a 'do-i-feel-like-it-or-not' basis. I had emailed him several times this last week (regarding questions i had for a product) and have yet to receive a response. Usually as a rule of thumb before i purchase from an e-tailer i email them (usually several times) and see if i get a prompt response and if i dont (I am talking weeks lateR) if there is any explanation to the delayed reaction. Keeping this in mind I did not rule out dealing with this guy(s) till i noticed the unequivocally bad experiences people got from this company. Some individuals became so fearful of losing their money they immediate canceled the ransaction after the owner contacted them via email (after some time) telling them that he is either out of a product or that he could not account for their order and to call another long distance # to find out what was ordered which does sound a tad bit odd to me. Anyway I am wondering if anyone on here has had any positive experiences with this company Woofersetc...??

I have, i ordered two amps from them, and i live in canada, they emailed me a ps tracking number the day after the order was place, and mailed it the next day too, also, they declared the products at half the worth so the duties would be less, also, they say they won't insure product, but they did it for me for free. It was a good, and clean transaction in my opinion. I would buy from them again.

~ Kyle ~

I have, i ordered two amps from them, and i live in canada, they emailed me a ps tracking number the day after the order was place, and mailed it the next day too, also, they declared the products at half the worth so the duties would be less, also, they say they won't insure product, but they did it for me for free. It was a good, and clean transaction in my opinion. I would buy from them again.
~ Kyle ~

I am just weary of reading posts that 1) they are closing and 2)the owner is a 'dick', 3)they offer no warranties

I contacted Avionixx and they told me that if i get my tsunami avionixx amp from woofersetc.. it wont have a warranty through them. Personally i'd sooner pay the extra $30 to buy it thru the manufacturer knowing im payin for the 3 year warranty too. I've dealt with zeb and sounddomain they're both very good as far as e-tailers are concerned.

btw any reputable e-tailer should always insure products while in transit...the simple fact he told u he will do it free and not charge you...i'd have responded that he isnt doing me any favors.

Considering they claim to not do it, and i wasn't charged the 15 bucks, made me not want to rock the boat, and i am in no way defending them from anything, i was just providing an opinion, and also, the warrenty issue is a big one if you live in the us, but since i live in canada it is not, no matter what i buy from the net it will be a grey market product and i will have no warrenty, so i don't mind saving the 30 bucks, but if i were you i would buy from the manufacturer, and get the warrenty

~ Kyle ~

Considering they claim to not do it, and i wasn't charged the 15 bucks, made me not want to rock the boat, and i am in no way defending them from anything, i was just providing an opinion, and also, the warrenty issue is a big one if you live in the us, but since i live in canada it is not, no matter what i buy from the net it will be a grey market product and i will have no warrenty, so i don't mind saving the 30 bucks, but if i were you i would buy from the manufacturer, and get the warrenty
~ Kyle ~

well not completley accurate...if u buy thru a manufacture u will be warrantied even in canada...if u purchase from ED they cover u no matter if its in the US or Canada. ANother thing to lookout for

i know this from experience and livign in canada //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.