woofersetc.com email log

Participant count
  • Participant list

Diabolic
10+ year member

SENT: 4/30/2003

Dave,

I have been trying to call today but can't seem to get an answer. Would it be acceptable to complete my order through the website?

- Tom

WOOFERSETC: 5/1/2003

Thank you for your order. Your order number is ####.

You can check your order status and details by logging into our website at:

https://secure14.monstercommerce.com/www_woofersetc_com/orderstatuslogin.asp

SENT: 5/1/2003

Dave,

Due to an unexpected emergency, I need to cancel my order. There are no longer sufficient funds in my account to pay for it.

Thanks,

Tom McClure

WOOFERSETC: 5/2/2003

Hi Tom

We had already shipped your sub when we received your email and it is already in trasit to you with UPS. Please let us know if this is going to be a problem

Thank you

WoofersEtc.com

SENT: 5/5/2003

It will cost me $29 overdraft fees and leave me broke for over a week but that's not your fault. One of those freak incidents that happen in life has cost me a small fortune so... I'll manage.

I wanted the sub either way, I just needed to wait until it was more economical for me (about a week or two).

Thanks

-Tom McClure

I received emails on the 5th (today) stating that my order was processed and shipped then. The tracking number has not yet registered with UPS.

So when I received your email on the 2nd, it had clearly not been shipped. I'm not trying to be problematic [...] but if the charge hits now, I have a family to take care of.

I just want honesty. You received my email on the 30th of last month. If it were already in transit by then, it would have registered with UPS-tracking and most likely arrived by now, but it had not.

Is there any way to forestall the charges? I suspect not and I realize this is an odd request but I have a family to think of.

SENT: 5/6/2003

Well, since I didn't get any answer, it's clear that I was simply lied to about the shipment date of my item. UPS clearly shows it as being shipped on the 5th, three days after the message below was received and six days after my request to cancel.

Had I simply been told the truth, I would have dealt with the problem as best I could, with no fault attributed to you. I have spent $850.00 with you in less than a month. You also falsely list Diamond HEX s600s for sale on your website, which you do not have (and *cannot* legitimately have) for sale. It quickly became obvious to me that the Diamond listing is "bait" to sell people the Focal 165k2s, which I now regret buying from you - not because I am disappointed in the Focals but because I now recognize how unimportant the truth is to your company.

Dishonesty like this is now so rampant with internet businesses that it is almost expected, which is a shame. Again, had I simply been told the truth, I would have had no problem.

Originally posted by Diabolic SENT: 4/30/2003

Dave,

I have been trying to call today but can't seem to get an answer. Would it be acceptable to complete my order through the website?

- Tom

WOOFERSETC: 5/1/2003

Thank you for your order. Your order number is ####.

You can check your order status and details by logging into our website at:

https://secure14.monstercommerce.com/www_woofersetc_com/orderstatuslogin.asp

SENT: 5/1/2003

Dave,

Due to an unexpected emergency, I need to cancel my order. There are no longer sufficient funds in my account to pay for it.

Thanks,

Tom McClure

WOOFERSETC: 5/2/2003

Hi Tom

We had already shipped your sub when we received your email and it is already in trasit to you with UPS. Please let us know if this is going to be a problem

Thank you

WoofersEtc.com

It will cost me $29 overdraft fees and leave me broke for over a week but that's not your fault. One of those freak incidents that happen in life has cost me a small fortune so... I'll manage.

I wanted the sub either way, I just needed to wait until it was more economical for me (about a week or two).

Thanks

-Tom McClure

I received emails on the 5th (today) stating that my order was processed and shipped then. The tracking number has not yet registered with UPS.

So when I received your email on the 2nd, it had clearly not been shipped. I'm not trying to be problematic [...] but if the charge hits now, I have a family to take care of.

I just want honesty. You received my email on the 30th of last month. If it were already in transit by then, it would have registered with UPS-tracking and most likely arrived by now, but it had not.

Is there any way to forestall the charges? I suspect not and I realize this is an odd request but I have a family to think of.

SENT: 5/6/2003

Well, since I didn't get any answer, it's clear that I was simply lied to about the shipment date of my item. UPS clearly shows it as being shipped on the 5th, three days after the message below was received and six days after my request to cancel.

Had I simply been told the truth, I would have dealt with the problem as best I could, with no fault attributed to you. I have spent $850.00 with you in less than a month. You also falsely list Diamond HEX s600s for sale on your website, which you do not have (and *cannot* legitimately have) for sale. It quickly became obvious to me that the Diamond listing is "bait" to sell people the Focal 165k2s, which I now regret buying from you - not because I am disappointed in the Focals but because I now recognize how unimportant the truth is to your company.

Dishonesty like this is now so rampant with internet businesses that it is almost expected, which is a shame. Again, had I simply been told the truth, I would have had no problem.
man, that must ****...

hope your financial problems work out alright for you...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I just received a call from woofersetc. They basically clarified that the woofer had gone out on the morning of the 2nd and - since UPS picked it up - it was not actually shipped and logged with a tracking number until the 5th.

Whether that's true or not, Dave (the representative who called me) seemed very concerned about my satisfaction as a customer and made arrangements to compensate me in a way that I found very reasonable and acceptable.

So overall, I have to now give them a since they have corrected the problem in a way that they did not have to do. As a result, I will be ordering from them again in the future.

I figured I owed them this much clarification.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.