Wood glue or liquid nails?

Nah, it don't ****. Stinks to high heavens though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif never used liquid nails myself. How hard does it dry ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I hate that trash. It may be strong, but it is like thick semen that just gets all over your hand and if you try and wash it off, it thins into a "glove" that is even harder. It dries hard, as in rock hard, but it's flaky. I can't stand it, wood glue is cheaper, stronger, and much easier to use.

Blah hush up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif Sorry. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

How bout the fact I have pretty big gaps in my finished box.... Which is more reliable, Silicon or Liquid nails, For gaps close to 1/4" :p

if you have gaps that big; it would be best to re-do the box and find some one that can cut straight. ( and i dont mean to be an ass about it).

cutting wood straight vian table saw or skill saw would be the best bet. But out of the two table saw FTW! but if one is not availble you can make straight cuts using the old guiding skill saw trick by overlaping another piece of straight mdf.

wood glue, liquid nails and silicone will not help much unless you add bracing to the entire box.

BTW wood glue FTW

You should learn about what you're talking before you speak again. Ramos was kind, I'm blunt.
Meany, But seriusoly I was just kidding. I was referring to how it doesnt keep my sub air tight in the box. The screws are shabby and are coming loose, So I siliconed to keep it sealed and the silicon breaks after

Also, The box I built for my 15 has PERFECT cuts, Partly because my step-dad built it with me. I have a car and was in need of a new box, So I had Home Depot cut the sheet for me, For my new box, so I could fit the pieces in my car.

Sooo ya. Back to school.....

Devices 2 FTW!

I use Heavy Duty Liquid Nails, and it dries very hard... We used Heady Duty Liquid Nails to hold up mirrors that weigh about 300lbs each... So it's extremly strong stuff, and will seal an enclosure extremly well... Fill in any big or small gaps... I recomend it, but, like I said before, kinda ur preference...

if you have gaps that big; it would be best to re-do the box and find some one that can cut straight. ( and i dont mean to be an ass about it).
cutting wood straight vian table saw or skill saw would be the best bet. But out of the two table saw FTW! but if one is not availble you can make straight cuts using the old guiding skill saw trick by overlaping another piece of straight mdf.

wood glue, liquid nails and silicone will not help much unless you add bracing to the entire box.

BTW wood glue FTW
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif How in the hell does not having bracing mean that wood glue won't do much at all? Where do you get this nonsense from?

Because it hasn't, but that isn't the point. Wood glue IS stronger, which really isn't debateable and frankly with some clear window and door silicone, you don't need anything else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.