Wiring 2 Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

rumdada
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I currently have a Apline Mrp-500 wired to my 2 kicker compvr 15's and its not enough power. I was wondering how i would wire up another of the same amp. 1 amp to each sub Could i simply split the power/remote run another ground somewhere and split my rcas? or is it more complicated ?

If your power wire from the battery can handle the combined power, you can use a distribution block to split the power. Run another remote wire from the first amp to the second amp. Use separate ground wires but they can terminate at same spot. If your amp has rca outs you can use it to run rca to the new amp. If not, get some rca y splitters.

Oh, be sure your subs voice coils can be wired to what the amp can support ohm wise before buying another of the same.

If your power wire from the battery can handle the combined power, you can use a distribution block to split the power. Run another remote wire from the first amp to the second amp. Use separate ground wires but they can terminate at same spot. If your amp has rca outs you can use it to run rca to the new amp. If not, get some rca y splitters.Oh, be sure your subs voice coils can be wired to what the amp can support ohm wise before buying another of the same.
it's best not to use y-splitters. your best bet would just be to get a 1000w amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.