WinISD slot port question

Participant count
  • Participant list

notw
10+ year member

¦·.,¸,.·¦Α&Ω¦·.,¸,.·¦
Georgia
on winisd the only port calculations it shows is circular and rectangular.

how do you figure a slot port with winisd?

here is what i have so far:

18"L(X)20"H(X)26"W[5.42ft³]

top.jpg

box.jpg

now is the length correct for the wall that makes up the slot?

i put 16.5" to compensate for the thickness of the mdf... will make finer adjustments later when i decide on materials.

ventA.jpg

please help

All a slot port is, a port that one or more of the box walls as a port wall. Thats it, where a rectangle port is like a round port that hangs in the box. If you entered in the sqaure inches of how big you want the port to be and what yiou want to tune it to, even if it says square port the port length will be the same for both.

thanks alot. i just didnt want to start building the box and it be just as wrong as can be, haha.

yup.. only eight more days until my woofer gets here!!

the build will probably start on thursday..

All a slot port is, a port that one or more of the box walls as a port wall. Thats it, where a rectangle port is like a round port that hangs in the box. If you entered in the sqaure inches of how big you want the port to be and what yiou want to tune it to, even if it says square port the port length will be the same for both.
i thought the calculators changed the length due to "square" or "slot" sometimes the slot's are half the length of a non slot port, thats what im seeing on carstereo's online calculator

does the 5.42 cu ft include port displacement? or do i need to do the math myself?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.