Will this work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fi-brations
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Memphis, TN
I have 2 Fi Q 12s in a ported box about 4.4cuft(pre-fab box) and i want to go sealed, money is always an issue, but i dont mind paying for something that i need to do, but i look to save money where i can, so i was wondering if i could just cut the port off and seal up the inside L port hole? so the box is for 2 12s and has an L port on one side of the box. the port is 12 by 3 1/2, so i would have a small, roughly 4 inch piece of wood sticking into the box, but the inside hole would be sealed up, so essentially a sealed box, right? what do u all think? would this work?

yeah it will work but why sealed
I think that i will like the sound a lot better, im looking for more sq rather than spl, its definitely loud enough for me, but its overpowering everything else, im looking for a cleaner sound, as u can tell im pretty new to all this, this is only my 2nd pair of subs so any experiences with sealed vs ported would be helpful, and also my box is too wide for my trunk so i cant push it far enough into my trunk to access my battery or the spare, but i would at least like to get to my battery which is in my trunk

Will it work? Yes but the box would probably end up being a little big for a sealed box. So you may not end up liking the sound because they are in an improper box.

Will it work? Yes but the box would probably end up being a little big for a sealed box. So you may not end up liking the sound because they are in an improper box.
So wouldnt the same concept work by just cutting of the back side and taking some inches off, ex. its 19 inches deep and changing it to x inches deep

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Fi-brations

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Fi-brations
Memphis, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date