Will my amp work and hit with my subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
I have a crunch 500Watt amp I was on a budget and it said it could be wired to two ohms to put out 1000watts is this true and will it push to alpine type R's the way they should be in a sealed enclosure in a firebird also with the 4 channels do I just run one channel to each coil will that work? Next question the type R's i have seen with 300watt rms and 500watt rms i know the peak is 1000 but i also know it is usually twice the rms but not in all cases but from my better sources it is 300 which is it?

I believe that the rms for the Type Rs is 300 watts. It is either 300 watts for the Type Rs or the Type S.

L8er

RM

I have a crunch 500Watt amp I was on a budget and it said it could be wired to two ohms to put out 1000watts is this true and will it push to alpine type R's the way they should be in a sealed enclosure in a firebird also with the 4 channels do I just run one channel to each coil will that work? was the main ?

help me out with it please and thanks for the rms and peak info

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.