Will I be hurtin' for a bigger alt?

Can anyone recommend a decent high output alt brand between $300-$500? I've seen some that are WAY up there.
MECHMAN.........pm him. Excessive Amperage, Iraggi

I and many will recommend mechman

But hook it up, crank it up and see what you got first. Then decide whether you need the alt

i think you'll be fine as long as you listen responsibly. I went from 1100 watts to 2100 watts and just upgraded to a Kinetik 1800 and Big 3 and seem to be doing great. minor dimming on hard bass kicks, but thats it.

eddie

Your Caddilac has a pretty decent large case alternator on it from the factory, so it will cope with the load better than many vehicles. You will still have a fair amount of voltage drop with the 2200, but it's not like it's going to shut the car down.

We have a very reasonable priced (inside your price range) adjustable voltage 250 amp unit that is a direct bolt in for your vehicle. We could actually set the starting voltage to 15.3V, so that at full temperature you would be closer to 14.9V to start with, which would keep your entire system voltage much higher. This is great for the caddilacs, as they have low voltage to start with. You will find that power windows roll up faster, lights are brighter, and your amps will much more efficient. Holler if you want any other specs.

Your Caddilac has a pretty decent large case alternator on it from the factory, so it will cope with the load better than many vehicles. You will still have a fair amount of voltage drop with the 2200, but it's not like it's going to shut the car down.
We have a very reasonable priced (inside your price range) adjustable voltage 250 amp unit that is a direct bolt in for your vehicle. We could actually set the starting voltage to 15.3V, so that at full temperature you would be closer to 14.9V to start with, which would keep your entire system voltage much higher. This is great for the caddilacs, as they have low voltage to start with. You will find that power windows roll up faster, lights are brighter, and your amps will much more efficient. Holler if you want any other specs.
Cool thanks a bunch for the info, I'll be sending you a msg soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.