Why the hell Are Boston Acoustics Z6 mids...not 6.5 inches...just 6

Starky
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
michigan
Why does boston do this to me? they dont fit my holes in my kicks...My BA 6.4's were only 6 inches long as well (had to rig it to make'm fit)...Wouldn't Boston want more cone area? It's very annoying getting New speakers and not having them fit..

maybe make a baffle?

edit: dude whenver i see your name i think:

art.jpg

im gonna have to do something, A baffle wouldnt look to good....and who the **** is that? haha
fiberglass is your friend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thats starky!!!!

My guess is they want it to fit as many vehicles as possible. Since they custom make all the parts on their speakers and don't share the design, they could call it the Z5.89723345 if they wanted to cause they could make the basket that big.

If the speaker was more entry level, they could just make it much bigger and include a bunch of holes to cover all the mounting hole possibilities.

Juan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.