why is efficiency so critical

Why do you bring up an SPL competition agian.
Kyle's Argument:

Two 10's, IB set up in car. Both with corectly rated SPL's. 10" A's SPL is 90dB, 10" B's SPL is 85dB. Both receive the same exact power. 10" A will be louder with in its limits.

Why wont he get into reality and out of a software program. The SPL comp was only a for instance, or example.

speaking of spl comps what is tc gonna be entering in dbdrag this year >? Anything? Kyle do you all beleieve in dbdrag or are all of your subs just good on paper?

LOL this thread is one of the reasons why knowledgable people don't like to spend time on this forum.
Some of you guys can't argue without sounding like ******** even if you are right.
it is the internet. if you think this is bad you should see some of the hum dingers they had at car sound...and those were people in the business from either a retail OR manufactures stand point...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif even in real i seen some real fights over stereo stuff by people you wouldnt think should fight lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ready2go.gif.6557fa3d88b9eaca9c7b8efb9cbd02ed.gif

some places talk about a true 1000 watt system drawing way too low of current (cant happen and is laughable. laws of physics are laws) too "hey man my system can do 170 db!". now i am all for everyone having fun and through FIRST hand trial and error i have probably done did F'kt up about everything one could F'up in a car audio system short of setting it on fire or really doing damage (mostly just to speakers lol) so i don't ever really hold too much against anybody....

speaking of spl comps what is tc gonna be entering in dbdrag this year >? Anything? Kyle do you all beleieve in dbdrag or are all of your subs just good on paper?
I dont think TC's goal is to win any SPL bassed competition and I think their past designs have proven more than effective in the SPL lanes. IA Death Penulty being a prime example.

I'm not defending TC in any way, I'm saying people are argueing in areas that Kyle never addressed and asking the flameing to stop and the civil, intelectual discussion to continue.

But uses the TC9 design.
that's another argument in itself.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

not a road I wanna go back down anytime soon... lol

a motor is only a part in a greater whole anyway...

Loyd L.

Debating on how loud a sub will get on paper is like Trying to have sex with a nun, your never going to get anywhere.
That's what you think. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Still, it's really hard to bring up this whole concept of "equal" woofers that Remotia brings up. The only "equal" woofers are two woofers of the same type. To take two different woofers with the same efficiency ruins the concept of equal. Taking two identical woofers and adjusting the effciency of one ruins the concept of equal. In fact, in every way I can come up with, unless the woofers are identical, there is no equality between them at all. Even woofers that are practical clones of each other like the Dayton Reference and Adire Shiva have enough differences between them to make any efficiency tests between them as "equal woofers" bunk.

The only way to test Remotia's theory would be to take two identical woofers, drop the input power to one of the woofers to effectively emulate a loss of efficiency and work from there. Even then, the smaller amount of heat generated from a lower input power would adjust impedance between the two woofers ruining such an experiment.

Two equal woofers, one less efficient than the other. The statement is a conflict of "equal" and therefore impossible.

it is the internet. if you think this is bad you should see some of the hum dingers they had at car sound...and those were people in the business from either a retail OR manufactures stand point...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif even in real i seen some real fights over stereo stuff by people you wouldnt think should fight lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ready2go.gif.6557fa3d88b9eaca9c7b8efb9cbd02ed.gifsome places talk about a true 1000 watt system drawing way too low of current (cant happen and is laughable. laws of physics are laws) too "hey man my system can do 170 db!". now i am all for everyone having fun and through FIRST hand trial and error i have probably done did F'kt up about everything one could F'up in a car audio system short of setting it on fire or really doing damage (mostly just to speakers lol) so i don't ever really hold too much against anybody....
Its all nice and dandy that car sound is a shitfest, but it would be cool if this forum were different.

we get into some good debates on here..

IMO, the success on the forum rests on the people with enough knowledge to continue posting good topics to learn from..

that's why I enjoy posting testing I've done.. because it helps teach..

Loyd L.

we get into some good debates on here..
IMO, the success on the forum rests on the people with enough knowledge to continue posting good topics to learn from..

that's why I enjoy posting testing I've done.. because it helps teach..

Loyd L.

True, your tests will definately dispell a lot of BS.

Its all nice and dandy that car sound is a shitfest, but it would be cool if this forum were different.
no its not bad at all just some issues get more spark than others over debates. im no speaker engineer either i just know who ran what in db drag/usaci/iasca finals from when i was with kinetik. also from past experiences there are always variables. if it were that easy (believe loyd already said it as well as i) then there would be 1 best woofer at any given time. these are car audio woofers being used in car audio systems. alot of variables between cars/boxes/amps and a few other things can turn a given into a real ???? over what was figured on paper. im not in away bashing kyle (im sure he knows his stuff) either its just that i have been on the answering end of "why is billy joe joe bob's stereo louder than mine when his woofers are worse than mine?" more than once on a retail level and many more times outside of work. i hold eff ratings in a higher reguard the higher we move up to mids and tweets or even horns, but then again that is me.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif ...and all i wanted was some feedback on a few questions...woops

ok im understanding that efficiency is not the only parameter that is important... so when you all are deciding on a sub what parameters are you looking most closly at? say, for an sq setup, and for an spl setup?

The thing that makes it hard to explain is that it's not necessarily one parameter, it's a combination of many of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.