Why I hate buying car audio - Am I stupid?

Nice to see a helpful topic like this. I see people getting frustrated all the time.
you only thanked his post because he recommended DCON's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Did not read the reply's just the OP, The Phoenix Gold R 500 has Line Level inputs and Signal Sence, so you can connect it to your rear speakers and it will come on with them. Just have to run your Power to the amp.

you only thanked his post because he recommended DCON's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Can you blame me? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

tap into the pre's
Mazda RX-8 Dual Subwoofer Enclosure

get a reputable enclosure like from srq, custom made

SSA Shop- SSA Dcon 10D4 Sub woofer300watt rms

get some dcon n be set
No can do. I have a spare back there and it holds the frame of the car together. I'll need to find a fancy solution. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Maybe I'll take pictures tomorrow. Haven't had the chance to take out the spare in daylight. I'll def do it this weekend.

with him having bose how about soemthing to give him a full flat signal? if i remember right don't the bose amp cut the bass as u turn it up?
Yep, it does. My sweet spot on the volume knob is 47 (like that means anything to you guys.) It's plenty loud at that level, I just need some bottom end to fill it out. The car is definitely a bit too bright, but sounds OK enough with the music I listen to.

Did not read the reply's just the OP, The Phoenix Gold R 500 has Line Level inputs and Signal Sence, so you can connect it to your rear speakers and it will come on with them. Just have to run your Power to the amp.
OK, possibly stupid question time. Could I just run a single high gauge wire from the battery to the trunk, and ground the amp on the back of the car? If so, I am thinking I can just install this myself and save a lot of money. (Or is this how it's done anyway?)

I've always seen an inline fuse near the battery on car installations, should it just match the amperage on the amplifier itself?

OK, possibly stupid question time. Could I just run a single high gauge wire from the battery to the trunk, and ground the amp on the back of the car? If so, I am thinking I can just install this myself and save a lot of money. (Or is this how it's done anyway?)
I've always seen an inline fuse near the battery on car installations, should it just match the amperage on the amplifier itself?
That is how it's done anyway and yes, match the combined fuse ratings for the amp.

We like to pair it with a stinger Power only kit. Install down here is not very high and increases the warrenty on the amp. You will need to find an authorized dealer to get the amp. Phoenix Gold | Where To Buy

Also it is a 2 ohm amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.