Why cant i hear the bass outside my car?

Pickler
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Las Vegas
I know some people will think this is a good thing, and some people want there car to do this, but thats not the point for me. I got a big suv and my sub is really loud. When i step out the car and its on full blast with all the windows shut, i hear 0 bass, just rattle. Its sad because this guy with those dual bestbuy subs pretty much can show me up because if i dont open my trunk, you cant hear any bass. Is there anything I can do to make the bass go through more?

You do want this. Believe me... I had the same attitude as you until I learned that that was stupid. If it's louder outside, then it's quieter inside... and you just wasted all your money to impress someone.

Just tell the guy to sit in your car or go on a meter.

I know some people will think this is a good thing, and some people want there car to do this, but thats not the point for me. I got a big suv and my sub is really loud. When i step out the car and its on full blast with all the windows shut, i hear 0 bass, just rattle. Its sad because this guy with those dual bestbuy subs pretty much can show me up because if i dont open my trunk, you cant hear any bass. Is there anything I can do to make the bass go through more?
they sell type r's at best buy, everone can hear my by 9's outside my truck:laugh:

You must be one of the people who have a nice loud system to draw attention to yourself for some reason or another. Instead of having a nice system for just wanting to hear and feel the music at it's best quality. Oh well, you got lucky and have a well insulated vehicle. Good luck with it.

You must be one of the people who have a nice loud system to draw attention to yourself for some reason or another. Instead of having a nice system for just wanting to hear and feel the music at it's best quality. Oh well, you got lucky and have a well insulated vehicle. Good luck with it.
dude it was a joke if you are talking about me:laugh:

Well its just that like at the park this kid thought his duals were loud, but they werent. O well i am kinda glad i guess, when i open my trunk they know who the loudest is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And no i am not one of those people, i turn down my volume almost all the way when i go to a store or school, i dont like drawing attention to my self.

I would be happier if I heard nothing at all on the outside. Ever since I upgraded to type R that hasn't been the case. It would seem to me you want the sound inside and not outside, unless your trying to impress others that can't even hear just how your sytstem really sounds. Take it as a good thing that its not loud on the outside. Alot of people spend good money to make it that way and you have yours for free! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You do want this. Believe me... I had the same attitude as you until I learned that that was stupid. If it's louder outside, then it's quieter inside... and you just wasted all your money to impress someone.
Just tell the guy to sit in your car or go on a meter.
/thread.

nG

My car's the same way.

I like the fact that it's quiet outside, but with such a tight seal, your bass will actually be louder IN the car if you crack the window where you're sitting an inch or so.

You have a trunk in an SUV?

I find that more interesting than being heard or not //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.