Why bass sounds so different in another vehicle

Participant count
  • Participant list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
I originally had a 2000 Ford Taurus and a Sundown X-12 v2 /w a Sundown SAZ-1500D@1ohm. Then I got myself a 2002 Chevy Tahoe so I can go bigger with my system. When I transferred everything over to the Tahoe I noticed that the bass wasn't as intense, I'm curious why. I figured the cabin area was bigger or something, I'm just wanting to know the actual reason why. Also, my box is tuned to 29Hz and in the Taurus it played 28-32Hz Amazingly, then in the Tahoe it doesn't play low notes as good and plays in the upper 30s better, curious why that is as well. I am planning on replacing my 12 with an 18 of my same type, will this help with my issues? Thanks!

So, even if I were to get say 2 18s and tune them to like 28hz, it wouldn't matter? if so that kinda ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

So, even if I were to get say 2 18s and tune them to like 28hz, it wouldn't matter? if so that kinda ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif
They will still play loww. You will just most likely be the loudest at 37-39hz.if you want lows big box is key with them sundowns. They shine in a big box. Like 9cubes per woofer after displacement for an 18

They will still play loww. You will just most likely be the loudest at 37-39hz.
That's a bummer. I'm just hoping that the 18 I'm going to get will play the lows effectively enough. I love to really feel my bass, and rn in comparison to the Taurus I'm disliking my setup. Something else I noticed is that it plays the low lows a bit better as well, like low 20s, I can feel those more than I could in the Taurus.

That's a bummer. I'm just hoping that the 18 I'm going to get will play the lows effectively enough. I love to really feel my bass, and rn in comparison to the Taurus I'm disliking my setup. Something else I noticed is that it plays the low lows a bit better as well, like low 20s, I can feel those more than I could in the Taurus.
Sounds more like a loading issue? Play with box placement and where the port is firing into. My Tahoe liked the port 3-4" away from the rear hatch... of trying to play low properly deadening the vehicle is a must

Box placement will make a huge difference. In my yukonXL I have my 3rd row removed. But I don't want a box all the way to the rear cause then the cargo area is useless. So the best I came up with against the rear seats was down fire. Or all the way back by the rear windows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.