Why are my HID headlights blinking?

3 years old sound like they may just be at the end of their life
Hah yea they probably are ill probably wait until the bulbs burn out then replace them with a good conversation kit.

I bought these when the cost was more important than quality...definitely a result of a condition known as brokeassness lol

I think i will try the relay for now

The reason why they blink is because you most like have the ballast that put out DC currrent. Get some ballast that put out AC current. Nothing wrong with the cheap ebay kits its just that some vehicles are sensitive to the DC output ballast. I have sold many kits in the past when they used to sell for 100.00 and now they go for 30.00. The AC ballast are a little more expensive but you can get a pair for around 40.00 or less.

The reason why they blink is because you most like have the ballast that put out DC currrent. Get some ballast that put out AC current. Nothing wrong with the cheap ebay kits its just that some vehicles are sensitive to the DC output ballast. I have sold many kits in the past when they used to sell for 100.00 and now they go for 30.00. The AC ballast are a little more expensive but you can get a pair for around 40.00 or less.
what are some good ac ballasts and how do you know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif that are in the 40 dollar range

Just type in Hid ac ballast in the ebay search. Make sure you read the description that the ballast does put out AC current and not DC. DC current only flows one ways and AC current flows both ways. In other words with DC ballast it sends digital signals to the bulbs and AC is analog signal. You will notice that your bulbs are alot brighter. You might not notice but if you have 6k bulbs for example they look more like 8k but if you were to install the AC ballast they will be a bit brighter and look like a true 6k bulb. I just know from experience. These for example as you can see it has like another smaller box attached that converts DC current to AC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Slim-HID-Xenon-Premium-Digital-AC-35w-Replacement-Ballasts-Compatible-All-/111004436325?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d8614765&vxp=mtr

You aren't going to get a long lasting, reliable HID kit for $40. At the least get one of the low end kits from spencershids.com. You need to get away from the junk.

I'm planning to carry Racesport kits but the kits from Spencers are good too.

Casey,

Do you have the bi-xenon (high/low) kit or the dingle beam kit? I have seen relays work and not work depending on the vehicle... Also, you might want to look into those resistors also known as anti-flicker kits.

Hah yea they probably are ill probably wait until the bulbs burn out then replace them with a good conversation kit.I bought these when the cost was more important than quality...definitely a result of a condition known as brokeassness lol

I think i will try the relay for now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.