Who's Quit Smoking?

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Now stop counting and put the entire thing in your rear view.
I am about to. I told myself that after 1 year I would then start putting the cost of a pack of cigarettes in my savings account everyday. It seems the U.S. average is about $5.50 a pack so that is what I will put in savings everyday.

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I did it. One full year of not smoking. I shall now begin transferring $5.50 a day into my savings account. I will enjoy my smoke free year at the KISS concert tonight in Jacksonville, Florida!

Kiss_Featured_top_JenRosenstein.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Talontsi90
OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
This is my happy thread so I will post this information in it. As I have said, I recently found out I have a growth in my ear that is growing through my eardrum. It's causing hearing loss and headaches. Well, the Mayo Clinic called me today and said they will do the surgery!!!!!!! This means I should get the majority of hearing back in my right ear... something that was slowly going away since I was a young teenager and more so since I found out about the Cholesteatoma. The Doctor insisted that I be approved for the surgery. Some people are just great people.

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
My first visit to the Mayo Clinic was today. Got my hearing test done. My good/left ear has minor hearing loss. Normal for my age. My right ear is 30-35db quieter than my left ear across the board. The good news is that I should be able to have it corrected. When the Audiologist bypassed my ear canal and did the bone test, my hearing was fine meaning my inner ear is probably ok. She said it's like I have an ear plug in all the time. There is fluid in both ears and hearing in my good ear should improve when it is drained. At least now I have a scientific explanation of my hearing loss.

Hearing-test2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Saw the Surgeon yesterday. Mostly good news with some ehhh news. The good news is that my right ear is not that bad and nowhere near the worst he has seen. The eee news, I will probably need surgery. We will know by the 5th of July as I have a CT scan set for that date. The awesome news is if I do in fact need the surgery, he is going to make a C shaped incision around the back of my ear so that he can fold that fucker forward to gain access to my inner ear and the back of my ear drum. WOOOOHOOOO!! lol.

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Got a CT scan today. Uneventful. Over 1 hour to drive there, the CT scan took 2 minutes 47 seconds, then an hour back home. On a good note, the G6 is awesome for interstate travel.

OP
ThxOne

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
So, my old boss knocked me back to 15 hours a week because I spoke my mind about all the lazy idiots working there, including her. I said I am tired of watching all you lazy people getting paid to stand around on your cell phones while I and a few other drivers do ALL the work. Said I would not close the store anymore. I gave very specific hours I would work... I got 15 hours.

So, my old, old... old boss from the job before had been almost begging me to come work for him for the past 6 months. I finally said **** it, let's do it. Now I am back to making the money I am accustomed to. The G6 is doing wonderful. I am still smoke free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds