Who's MECP Certified?

Just wanted to tell ya the update that I am registered for the upcoming exam on April 4, which is next Monday.

I am going re-read the Study Guide one more time and probably skim through it several times before Monday.

Wish me luck although I feel that it is getting easier and easier. I just mostly had trouble with the car alarm section.

67% and I dont/didn't know crap about alot of the laws and principles of physics. I'd imagine you could pass that test easily and still not know much about electrical principles

i took some practice test and it asked a question like " what kind of fasteners holds a benley dash board in place" i only seen one once in real life nevermind got a chance to get inside it. but would you reccomend going to school or just buying books and videos. I'm trying to get a better paying job so i can save up and go but i do wonder if its worth it considering most are only like a month long. i do like how with going to school i would get some hands on experience doing things i can't do now due to a lack of equipment, materials ect. anyone know of a testing site in North Carolina.

Just wanted to tell ya the update that I am registered for the upcoming exam on April 4, which is next Monday.I am going re-read the Study Guide one more time and probably skim through it several times before Monday.

Wish me luck although I feel that it is getting easier and easier. I just mostly had trouble with the car alarm section.
good luck and i wish u all the best. Now I do get a discount when u get a job right.?????

seems like a waste to me. most shops that you apply for jobs will want to know your expierence level - if you show them somthing you did that is quality, chances are they will give you a job and you will take the MECP after you learn some stuff.

i dont know a **** thing about GPS or alarm systems. some of the questions that came up were retarded... asking what kind of fire extinguisher i should use - like im going to be setting up my own shop and the freaking fire dept (that by law has to check the establishment) wont tell me that.

wtf does that have to do with being certified //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

i dunno. i think they overprice the books by ALOT. worse than college.

seems like a waste to me. most shops that you apply for jobs will want to know your expierence level - if you show them somthing you did that is quality, chances are they will give you a job and you will take the MECP after you learn some stuff.
i dont know a **** thing about GPS or alarm systems. some of the questions that came up were retarded... asking what kind of fire extinguisher i should use - like im going to be setting up my own shop and the freaking fire dept (that by law has to check the establishment) wont tell me that.

wtf does that have to do with being certified //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

i dunno. i think they overprice the books by ALOT. worse than college.

sorry go tell u this but even ASE certified mechanic have to about different fire extinguisher. It is little thing that u do not think are important that really are.

Well,

I just took the practice exam for the hell of it and got a 49%.....and I've been working in a pretty high end shop for the past two years (part time). And also am a EE major at NJIT.

It only proves the exam is worthless when somebody with no work experience scores higher and they have no clue how things are really done...

Some of the questions are confusing and the pick out whats wrong is ridiculous when more than one answer is flauded. im sure if I looked over the study guide Id do much better, but I think the mecp is worthless these days and attracts the wrong crowd to get certified.

I doubt too many folks can do alarms on german cars or have a deep understanding of circuits by just reading the manual.......... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well,
I just took the practice exam for the hell of it and got a 49%.....and I've been working in a pretty high end shop for the past two years (part time). And also am a EE major at NJIT.

It only proves the exam is worthless when somebody with no work experience scores higher and they have no clue how things are really done...
Yeah, dude. Working as an engineer in a chemical plant is TOTALLY different from what I expected coming out of college...I agree with Req; I would sooner hire someone with proven skills, not someone whom simply looks good on paper.

Glad to see someone see things my way....

Also would like to add that these kids that are spending all there savings on these installtion institutes are wasting there money.....

We had more than three guys come and go thru our shop that supposedly knew how to swim in the install field ...after finishing these places and handing thousands of dollars over to these guys. These kids were clueless at best and I really felt bad for them since they thought they could "quite there day jobs" after completing these courses.......

Moral of the story is MECP is worthless.......and if you really want to work as an installer, best way is to show ur hard working and willing to learn to a shop. (no shame in starting as a shop sweeper)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

james33440

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
james33440
FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date