Who is running SA 15's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Brother has an old school 67 Pontiac Catalina with huge trunk. He currently has a pair of 12" Kicker L5's. Not cutting it! Not sure who built the box or what its tuned to. He asked me to find him something else and the SA 15"s come to mind. His amp is a Soundstream Edge 1700d(1700@1ohm). Just looking for opinions if the Sundowns will be a improvement over the L5's. Main question is what size enclosure should we shoot for and tuning? Also, as far as a trunk, which way would be best to face subs/port?

3.5 net per 15. 33-35hz tuning. Sub and port rear firing. Yes it will give him more output in the right box imo. Text me if you need something drawn up for ya.

Brother has an old school 67 Pontiac Catalina with huge trunk. He currently has a pair of 12" Kicker L5's. Not cutting it! Not sure who built the box or what its tuned to. He asked me to find him something else and the SA 15"s come to mind. His amp is a Soundstream Edge 1700d(1700@1ohm). Just looking for opinions if the Sundowns will be a improvement over the L5's. Main question is what size enclosure should we shoot for and tuning? Also, as far as a trunk, which way would be best to face subs/port?
https://saginaw.craigslist.org/cto/5603366871.html

nah, my bro's car is all original. interior and everything. Only thing he did was change wheels but certainly not rims that big to make a car look like a monster truck. Not his style nor mine. not knocking whose ever car that is but....they messed up a classic imo. Also, my brothers car is 4 door. Not sure if it a '67 but something along that line

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

but yes, trunk is huge just like that one

nah, my bro's car is all original. interior and everything. Only thing he did was change wheels but certainly not rims that big to make a car look like a monster truck. Not his style nor mine. not knocking whose ever car that is but....they messed up a classic imo. Also, my brothers car is 4 door. Not sure if it a '67 but something along that line 

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

but yes, trunk is huge just like that one

Ya that car is ugly with those rims and paint. But is that the same car?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.