Who here is a fan of sealed boxes?

I actually do. Nothing to do with the way it sounds, just space constrictions, and I dont like that port blowing and rattling my trunk. but then again any difference in pressure will still make it rattle :/

I Like sealed over ported, Sure not as loud but the **** hits the basement and u dont miss notes, if set up right you will be verry happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I actually do. Nothing to do with the way it sounds, just space constrictions, and I dont like that port blowing and rattling my trunk. but then again any difference in pressure will still make it rattle :/
So there wont be any rattles with sealed? My trunk rattles like crazy but my friend who has a sealed box can be heard from quite a distance without any rattles.

So there wont be any rattles with sealed? My trunk rattles like crazy but my friend who has a sealed box can be heard from quite a distance without any rattles.
i didnt say that. it will still rattle, just not as bad as a ported might do. that pressure change is unavoidable in a trunk car man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif even with my Skii pass down.

I think Im going to build a sealed box for my 12' CVX. Anyone have any idea at what volume I should build it?

yeah a subwoofer moves air whether its sealed or ported. a improperly deadened trunk is going to rattle whether ported or sealed....assuming ur subs are moving.

my trunk is deadened with dynamat extreme and though the trunk lid itself makes very little noise my license plate and spoiler rattle like crazy!! i just dont know how to stop the spoiler from rattling.

I can't speak to the CVX as to whether they like sealed or ported, but most subs have a preference of the two and if ported it gets more complicated based on the speaker. It could be that you have a ported box that's not tuned correctly for the sub, which would make any sub sound like crap.

To evaluate your current setup, what frequency is your current ported box tuned to? I'm sure others are running similar subs and can give you feedback.

If you're looking to potentially replace your subs and debating sealed vs. ported, there may be a whole new thread needed to discuss your options after you read up on the differences.

12' Kicker CVX in a 2 cubic foot ported box, tuned at 34 hz. Just dont like the sound of it. I want it to have better sound quality then just being loud.

So get a better SQ sub - I don't think sealed is going to gain you anything here. You'll lose a lot of output and still have the same characteristics of the sub when sealed.

I enjoy sealed boxes, mostly due to space constraints though. Seem to get loud enough for me. Although I am tempted to try some more ported boxes maybe see about getting a single 15 ported. I had heard a few good things about the CVX in SQ, but then again when talking about SQ here its pretty subjective. I would say try it, least if you can build your own box it will be certainly cheaper than finding a new sub.

I have my CVX sealed in 1.5 enclosure. It sounds good, but is becoming not enough output for me. I don't know, I kinda wanted to do a ported box myself, complete opposite of you, lol!

I really like having my room though, so doubt it and honestly I don't even play my system that much anymore, so don't know if it is worth the hassle of getting another box or not.

I am sure this didn't help at all, sorry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.