Whinning Noise with engine started

Participant count
  • Participant list

gazza

wa
Hi I am new to the forum and car audio.

I bought a Del Sol with JBL speakers and amp couple months ago. Last week, the power window stuck and I removed the door panel and speaker. I am stupid enough that forgot to turn off the stereo. When I put the speaker in, maybe something short circuit? All the sudden, there is no sound from the stereo. Then I turn off the power and completed the installation of the speaker and door panel. Now when I start the stereo, when I turn the car on, not yet start the engine, there is some whining noise and other noise at the background. If I start the engine, the noise getting worse.

Please help!!!

I'm not sure if this will help, but I know it ***** when you get absoultely no response. I would check the power wire on the amp and make sure it isn't touching/rubbing any moving parts and try to get that wire isolated the best you can. It never hurts to check your ground too.

Sounds like you shorted a speaker wire to ground, which isn't good for the amp. Now you have a path from signal ground to chassis ground inside the amplifier, likely through a damaged semiconductor.... which means the amp needs to be on someone's bench for repair.

I don't think it's going to do you any good to check connections that have nothing to do with where you were working but it never hurts to confirm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.