Which Welding Cable Brand do you prefer?

I’m about to buy some welding cable to use for my cad audio installation and the main 3 brands I have encountered online that are priced similarly and are easily accessible online are:
>Royal Excelene

>TEMco Easy-Flex

>EB-flex

TEMco has been the cheapest (Shipped) price I have found so far. The other two are similarly priced but shipping kills their lower unit price.

I know there’s some Royal that you can find on eBay but only from a few sellers.

Would like to get an idea of which most of you are running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
omg never heard of temco before and just found out they 60 miles from me..

I’m about to buy some welding cable to use for my cad audio installation and the main 3 brands I have encountered online that are priced similarly and are easily accessible online are:
>Royal Excelene

>TEMco Easy-Flex

>EB-flex

TEMco has been the cheapest (Shipped) price I have found so far. The other two are similarly priced but shipping kills their lower unit price.

I know there’s some Royal that you can find on eBay but only from a few sellers.

Would like to get an idea of which most of you are running?

EB flex

Royal excellene

Temco

In that order but they are All really close but temco is a little stiffer for installing and looks kind of lumpy after a while other two are more flexible and smoother looking but all three work great

EB flexRoyal excellene

Temco

In that order but they are All really close but temco is a little stiffer for installing and looks kind of lumpy after a while other two are more flexible and smoother looking but all three work great

TEMco gets lumpy in a bad way? Like the sheathing does?

I have EB flex under my hood for years and no corrosion at all. Good wire doesn’t need to be tinned. Eb flex is great wire for the price. 2/0 is size of 1/0 car audio wire
Did you use any penetrox you not going to be typical to get it at the connection but inside the wire from expansion and moisture you might not have too much moisture up there too I don't know y'all climate

TEMco gets lumpy in a bad way? Like the sheathing does?

I guess it’s the sheathing , it don’t corrode much at all even in engine compartment but I use lugs and heat shrink but it just get uneven looking , just get Royal excellene and it’s on eBay seller ac/dc wire supply almost same price but s little better quality. I have used all three and really had no problems with any of them other than that slight lumpy after it’s been in a while.

I guess it’s the sheathing , it don’t corrode much at all even in engine compartment but I use lugs and heat shrink but it just get uneven looking , just get Royal excellene and it’s on eBay seller ac/dc wire supply almost same price but s little better quality. I have used all three and really had no problems with any of them other than that slight lumpy after it’s been in a while.

Could it be that TEMco sheathing tends to “bunch up” since it has thin paper layer between conductor and outer EPDM sheathing?

Yeah I’ll probly just get Excelene since it’s the second most used brand here.

I just considered buying TEMco due to their interesting 1 year no questions asked policy haha

Did you use any penetrox you not going to be typical to get it at the connection but inside the wire from expansion and moisture you might not have too much moisture up there too I don't know y'all climate
No corrosion at all , I cut a piece open and it’s not that lumpy , maybe just insulation after getting warm I don’t know. I do know the other two don’t do it though cuz I replaced the temco with Royal excellene under the hood and still looks like the day I put it in
67a802dd1312a315428ebf8c833f02bf.jpg

3 years later

Could it be that TEMco sheathing tends to “bunch up” since it has thin paper layer between conductor and outer EPDM sheathing?
Yeah I’ll probly just get Excelene since it’s the second most used brand here.

I just considered buying TEMco due to their interesting 1 year no questions asked policy haha

Ya great stuff you won’t be disappointed. Also the only thing I would have done differently in my initial build is I would have went with 2/0 Instead of 0 as it’s really a better cost for amount of current carrying capabilities that is if your going to stick with this hobby and you end up upgrading later.

Ya great stuff you won’t be disappointed. Also the only thing I would have done differently in my initial build is I would have went with 2/0 Instead of 0 as it’s really a better cost for amount of current carrying capabilities that is if your going to stick with this hobby and you end up upgrading later.

Yeah I’m currently looking to get 2/0 cable for its current carrying capacity and headroom for future builds.

for a second there i thought the fuses on the right were a distributor lol
Ya the boots to cover lugs look like plug wire boots //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah I’m currently looking to get 2/0 cable for its current carrying capacity and headroom for future builds.

Good idea ! I am going to change mine out on next build.

No corrosion at all , I cut a piece open and it’s not that lumpy , maybe just insulation after getting warm I don’t know. I do know the other two don’t do it though cuz I replaced the temco with Royal excellene under the hood and still looks like the day I put it in
67a802dd1312a315428ebf8c833f02bf.jpg
3 years later

man that looks excellent! no corrosion is a good thing. if you run it and keep it warm it should keep the moisture out but i chose the tinned wire because i live in New Orleans and i rater be safe than sorry.i paid my *** off for it though. i think it was 200 a spool..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.