which way to face subs

bigrio

i have a 2004 honda civic, and 2 infinity perfect 12dvc subs will be installed, each ran buy a pc1400 monoblocks pushing 400watts into each sub at 2ohms.

well my question is, since this is my first car i have ever owned, all my other vehicles were SUVs, i need to know if i should face my subs towards the inside of teh car, or faced towards the trunk. From installation experience facing towards inside of the car usally kills alot of the bass response. But then on the other hand facing towards the trunk ur subject to more rattles ect...

can i have some opinions on this

also box will be sealed

Best things to do is if your back seat comes down, take it down and point it toward the front if not or u want to use the back deat alot then face it toward the back

With the seats up or down, it will sound like doodoo if you face the subs toward the cabin. I have just done this experiment. Face them towards the back of the trunk and buy a "trunk kit" from Dynamat or someone else....

If you face it forward dont you have to make sure you seal it off from the trunk so as the sound is only going into the cabin and not being lost or canceled out in the trunk?

Yes, if you want to face them toward the cabin, you MUST seal off the trunk from the cabin. This is a pain in the a$$. I have tried to accomplish this (and am still working on it), and I only have a few more gaps to close, but I do not believe it will make a large difference. Right now, with the sub forward, and 1000 watts to my 10W7, I am getting pathetic bass in the car (my rear view mirror hardly moves). Before, when the box was facing the back of the car, it was a totally different story. I'll likely go back to that same set-up again. BTW, I have a Honda accord sedan.

nope.........

for civics, the best way to face the sub is directly into the trunk.

ive tested with my sealed box in every position and facing it backwards is BY FAR the loudest/best sounding.

-nate

Yes, if you want to face them toward the cabin, you MUST seal off the trunk from the cabin. This is a pain in the a$$. I have tried to accomplish this (and am still working on it), and I only have a few more gaps to close, but I do not believe it will make a large difference. Right now, with the sub forward, and 1000 watts to my 10W7, I am getting pathetic bass in the car (my rear view mirror hardly moves). Before, when the box was facing the back of the car, it was a totally different story. I'll likely go back to that same set-up again. BTW, I have a Honda accord sedan.

hey wat year is ur accord?

what u doing to seal the trunk completely, n have u tried facing them up?

i got a 2k accord sedan, n fwd is not loud. facing bw is louder, but i was thinkin of up just to minimize some small rattles.

i am going to be doing the same thing, and i was wondering if i face the subs towards the trunk but have the ports going toward the cabin, would that work? Jay
ports towards the trunk would probably be safer...

if you have the money/time to mess around with different port directions then do that..

-nate

u dont feel the bass much or does it rattle more? u got any pics of ur setup?
Subs up or forward does not make a big difference - both configurations ****. Subs toward the the back of the trunk is the only way to go IMO - have to get some sound deadening tough. Sorry, digital cam broken, so no pics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.