Which Port Calculator is Reliable?

pollyproof12

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I am not sure if this question has been answered before.

I am trying to get a more in depth understanding of box calculations and I am learning a lot. However something really confuses me.

My info:

Vehicle : 2003 Acura 3.2 CLS

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): Plenty

Subwoofer make and model: Fosgate P34D12

Subwoofer Size: 12"?

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):

What type of music do you like?:

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday music but playing with SPL

Tuning Freq (Hz): 32

Volume : 1.79

Questions: I keep getting different port lengths for my box with the following information. Slot port, 2X14.5 tuned to 32HZ and I am lost as to why and why they are so different.

From Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume with that info I get 38 inches

From Car Audio - PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES it gives me 31 inches

and from Subwoofer Vent Equations Formulas Calculator - Length Port

I am getting 24 inches.

I would love to do the math on paper myself so any formulas would be nice. But also why are the results sooo different? Is there a formulas sticky on here?

I appreciate any help given.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.