Which one sounds better? Pioneer TS-A1072R or TS-D1002R?

Link-GC

Hello everybody!. I'm new here. I want to change the stock speakers that my Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 2007 has, because they sound horrible. I already bought a Pioneer DEH-2200UB headunit (but still haven't installed it).

I had a look at two models to place in the front doors: TS-A1072R and TS-D1002R.

Here are the specs:

TS-A1072R

Woofer Cone Material: Composite IMPP Cone with Interlaced Dual Aramid Fiber

Surround: Foam Rubber Coated Cloth

Voice Coil Bobbin: Glass-Imide

Damper: Aramid Fiber

Midrange: 15/16"Lightweight Balanced Soft Dome Midrange with Neodymium Magnet and Magnetic Fluid

Tweeter: 3/8" Soft Dome

Speaker Grille: Not Included

Watts MAX. Music Power: 150 Watts

Watts Nominal Power Handling: 20 watts

Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 30 kHz

Sensitivity (1W/1m): 90 dB

Ohm Rating: 4

Mounting Depth: 1-11/16" (43 mm)

Cut-out Dimensions: 3-1/2" (90 mm)

TS-D1002R

Woofer Cone Material: Dual-Layer IMX Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone

Surround: Butyl Rubber for Smoother Response

Voice Coil Bobbin: Glass-Imide

Voice Coil Wire: OFC Copper

Damper: Aramid Fiber

Tweeter: 1-1/8" Soft Dome with Magnetic Fluid and Neodymium Magnet

Rear Chamber Tweeter Design: Rear Chamber Design for Lower Crossover Frequency

Basket Design: Full Depth Basket for Rich Bass Response

Wave Guides: Wave Guides For Dispersion Control

Built-in Passive Crossover: -6dB/Oct. LPF, -12dB/Oct. HPF

Speaker Grille: Included

Watts MAX. Music Power: 110 Watts

Watts Nominal Power Handling: 25 watts

Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 40 kHz

Sensitivity (1W/1m): 86 dB

Ohm Rating: 4

Mounting Depth: 1-3/4"

Note: I could get the TS-D1002R for a few bucks lower than TS-A1072R.

Also, I was thinking to put in the rear the Pioneer TS-A4672R (4x6 inch), which has same specs as TS-A1072R. Do you think is it a good choice? I didn't see any model of the D-Series with this speaker size...

Another question, will I get much difference in quality sound if I put an amplifier for these speakers?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Greetings...

Thanks! I read I could fit a shallow mount 6,5" speakers by doing some fixes (putting a 1" spacer). Do you think Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers is good enough? It seems to be very shallow...Here are the specs:

6-1/2" 2-way car speakers (pair)

supplied adapter rings allow for fit into 6-3/4" locations

Dynamic Balance polymer/mica composite woofer with butyl rubber surround

3/4" liquid-cooled silk/polymer composite dome tweeter

Neodymium tweeter magnet

Kapton voice coil

ABS wheel-design grilles

Stainless steel mounting hardware

Certified for marine use

Power range: 6-60 watts RMS (180 watts peak power)

Frequency response: 35-22,000 Hz

Sensitivity: 92 dB

Top-mount depth: 1-11/16"

Put your HU in and see what you think of your speakers. I recently replaced my factory Bose unit in my '01 Jetta with a cheap ass Pioneer $60 one and the difference was night and day. The factory speakers are some of the best OEM speakers I've ever heard. A lot of SQ can be tuned with EQ. That extra oz of SQ comes from having high quality equipment, along with the tuning in the proper enclosures.

I got my Pioneer comps that sound alright at Walmart for 55. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I'm not sure if they're doing that around you though.

Honestly? I would shop around online and find something better then the pioneers. They sound ok but depending on how much your paying for them you could find something better.
I would not consider the Pioneer D series being just "OK". For the money, they are some of the hardest speakers to beat. Hell, I myself have put the D-1720c's up against speakers 3x the cost with the Pioneers performing just as well if better in some cases. They also make one of the most reknowned SQ components sets in their price range, the PRS components. The Pioneers I would stay away from is the A series as the OP has listed and the G series as well. Horrible build quality and lack correct detail in almost every freq band. Just my .02 . OP, I would definitely try to use a 6.5 in your doors. Spacers should work out for you in which you then should have around 2.75" of depth to work with. If you end up going with the D series I advie you to amp them. You will not regret doing so.

Thanks for your answers!

I finally bought the Pioneer TS-A1673R (6,5") speakers for front, and Boss CH4620 (4x6") for rear.

I must admit: I'm a little disappointed with the general performance, since I expected to hear a huge difference.

The person who installed me the speakers fit them within the original place, and put the original grill on. I saw that there is just a 4" hole made behind the grill ... I wonder if the sound performance of the speakers is been reduced because of this. What do you think?

I think what most disappoint me is the fact that they don't have bass at all. If I turn up the bass in the head unit, I have to turn down the volume because they start distorting.

So, I am thinking now of getting a subwoofer. I had a look at the Infinity Basslink and it seems to be a good choice, because it is an all-in-one system (which means I don't have to buy an amplifier, box, etc.) and it is also small.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.