Which One Again?

How come you guys don't talk much about RE on this forum... Is it because a few Adire employees come to this forum? Just curious.

Which one makes the best sub around 230 dollars?

What kind of warranties do they have?

How come you guys don't talk much about RE on this forum... Is it because a few Adire employees come to this forum? Just curious.
Which one makes the best sub around 230 dollars?

What kind of warranties do they have?
HAHAHAHA, we love RE at this forum. I'd say more people own RE...even multiple RE subs on this forum than most any other brand.

I'd take two 12" SE's for you application...great subs...i listened to 15 SE's and they were wonderful. Peace

NG

Well if these internet companies are soo soo much better than the mainstream, you would think more people would know about them and would have them. Another reason why I am still skeptical

No one know about them because the small companies cant afford millions on advertising like JL/RF/Audiobahn/ all the other mainstream brands, Nor can they all mass produce thousands of subs per day. EVERY sub from incriminator is put together by hand, and EVERY sub from them goes through a quality check performed by IA. You cant get 1000 subs out a day like that, but you sure as hell can get an awesome quality product.

Im running the IA lethal injection 12" subs, they dont have a problem taking 1300+ watt burps when they are only rated for 500wrms.

Makes sense... So which sub out of these internet companies is the best for the money which is 230 dollars per sub.

Well, the RE SE series subwoofers are EXTREMELY comparable to a JL Audio W6V2. They are ~185 shipped a piece new. I highly recommend these subs.

The incriminator Audio lethal injection subs are a bit more SPL oriented than the RE SE, but they still sound good. They arent afraid to get loud. They can be had for around 165 shipped a piece brand new. I recommend these also. In a sealed box they sound very nice.

You said 185 a piece... Is that for the 10", 12" or the 15"? So your saying that for $230 the best subs I can buy are the RE SEs or the IA Lethal Injections...

Once again, I'll recommend the Adire Audio Shiva to you. You can get two for $250 or less. Not only that, but they take little power to perform well.

Resonant Engineering Pricelist

(note prices do not include shipping and handling charges)

RE8- $49

RE10- $59

RE12- $69

SE10- $149

SE12- $169

SE15- $199

SX10- $239

SX12- $249

SX15- $269

SX18- $309

XXX10- $359

XXX12- $369

XXX15- $399

XXX18- $429

MT10- $409

MT12- $419

MT15- $449

MT18- $479

there is a $25 charge to upgrade the MT or XXX line to a quad voice coil configuration

Are the SE and SX pretty equal or what? Which one would be better? And do the 15" subs perform good. I have wanted to go with 15" subs since I began looking into subs and stuff, but then I was told that they were too slow and get muddy too easily.

What amp would you guys recommend to power the 12" or 15" SE and the 12" SX?

Well, would you want multiple subs? If you want two subs...i'd go two 12" SE or one 15" SX. Either way...get a 1000+ watts RMS amplifier and you'll be set. peace

NG

it basically comes down to this: what would you rather have your money go towards, fancy advertising or quality products?

you cant deny that the mainstream companies got there in part by huge budget advertising. keep in mind that just because something looks pretty it may not sound pretty.

you get what you pay for; i would rather spend my cash on quality products than fancy pictures and words.

you cant deny that the mainstream companies got there in part by huge budget advertising. keep in mind that just because something looks pretty it may not sound pretty.
while i agree with you 100%... how did they get their "huge budget" advertising? they didn't start the company and immediately spend $15,000,000 in advertising annually. they all made a reputation for their products, and gradually grew in size and popularity. they also didn't get their reputations by making products that looked pretty, but ******.

basically, while i'm all for underground products, and while many of them can compete with name brands (or beat them) and be cheaper in price, there are many name brand products that are good, quality products too.

remember, just because a product is "name-brand" doesn't mean it automatically *****.

remember, just because a product is "name-brand" doesn't mean it automatically *****.
very true, i personally adore the jl w7 and think its both beautiful looking and sounding; the w7 is a quality piece of work indeed. the best advice would be to try before you buy, but sometimes that isnt always possible. its always risky to buy online, especially when its a pricy speaker you have never heard before. sometimes its worth the extra cash you shell out, when you buy in person, for the chance to hear it out first and the reassurance that if things dont go exactly as planned that you have something to fall back on.

buying online and/or underground has its fair share of both good and "not so good" points.

are you guys nuts the phoenix gold TI is the second highest rated sub ever, and in my opinion is better than the W7 the W3 is not on the level, the type R is a joke next to it, the only one that is close is the ID one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.