Which motor is this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sixfootman2005
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kansas
my dad bought a 63 impala on Sunday......we were told it had a 403 big block.....then we realized there is no such thing.....so i'm thinking it could still be a 403(not original of course) the only numbers i can find are "411990" with "D6 CE" right under it....we should have it pulled out this week/weekend....anywhere else i should look for numbers? thanks

i can get pics if you want....oh yea and the impala was in a demo derby:crap: so there's not much good left

She's real fine, my 409.

dsc001515vg.jpg

that number was off the intake manifold
Then that will be the casting numebr for the IM. Get the one off of the block //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Prolly a 396 bored, or the 409, or maybe someone was retarded, and bored a 400 to a 403. Why they would do that, I dont know...
You know, I still dont know what rat motor means exactly...I never quite got that.
small block = mouse

big block = rat

400 is a small block iirc..

ahh.
400 is the small block that never could. Its not a BB,and its not a SB, its just there..

Technically, I think you could call it a BB, because pontiac used it to make its BB 455's using the same block.
lol, well.... no

quick way to tell if its a 409 is by the valve covers. if they look like an upside down "w", hence the term "w motor", then it is. but if they are rectangular then its definetly not. look behind the drivers side head on the mounting flange for the casting number and i can tell you more

lol, well.... no

quick way to tell if its a 409 is by the valve covers. if they look like an upside down "w", hence the term "w motor", then it is. but if they are rectangular then its definetly not. look behind the drivers side head on the mounting flange for the casting number and i can tell you more

No to what?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.