Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Alpine CDA-9815

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Clarion ProAudio DXZ835MP

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Panasonic MXE CQ-HX2083U

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
i know what the pre-outs do...and the 940mp has 6.0 pre-outs (3 of them)

and is there a difference between sound or speed of anything with dual 24 compared to 1?

- pe@ce

most amps wont take 6v input and yuh thats the coversion at which the data is converted to sound. there are 1 bit 16 bit 18 bit 20 bit and 24 bit. even the top p9 model uses multiple 24's

some only take up to 2 volt most up to 4 some up to 5 and fewwer higher. in an audio sense the stuff on it doesnt do that much other than give you a headache and its not pro quality although you paid for that kinda quality imo. bells and whistles are just that

alright kids quit fighting jer stud is partially correct on rca voltages higher is usaully better most amps can handle up to eight others higher for ballanced rcas if you dont understand that stuff dont ask its alot to explain and audiolife your right the 24 bit dacs make it sound better they play cds at 24 bits whereas a 1 bit dac only plays a cd at 16 bits (normal) its not as big of a difference as they try to trick you into beilieving with the 1 bit and 24 bit stuff they are looking at it 2 different ways they could call it 16 bit and 24 bit that would make an even comparison but the 24 bit is still better. Anything else you guys wanna fight over?????

lol ok know it all .. tell me why you want higher input voltage. dont say its to allow the amp to work easier because that aint it there are 2 reasons and to honestly tell you the truth one is propper at 2 v if done right.

higher voltage means less distortion and i said he was partially right if you use good stuff and run it correctly 2 volts should be fine but if theres any distortion from any source when it gets to the amplifier a 2 volt needs to be increased by the gain to the amps optimal opperating level where a .5 volt distortion if the amp needs 4 volt input lets say would get bumped up to a volt of distortion now i know thats alot of distortion and it would take an idiot to run a stereo and have something that could cuase that great of distortion but its only an example if you use good rcas and run them on the opposite side of your car as the power wire then you shouldnt have anywhere near that much interference (man I know I can't spell and I've got bad grammer but its not english class is it??? If I have to I can use good grammer and spell good.) But if you use ballanced line drivers and whatnot then it eliminates any interference becuase it ballenced and like i said thats alot of explaining if you dont know about ballanced rcas so I'm not gonna explain how it works.

higher voltage allows you to have a higher noise floor. if you have a very high signal to noise ratio with anything over 2v (in system) you have the whole thing pretty much whooped (meaning i doubt you could tell much of any diff with ear). higher voltage does not "reject" noise. the distortion you are talking about is due to not matching impedences via output to input just adding voltage will make it worse (aka amplify a clipped signal) what u need to do is level match everything (im gettin ready to do this to a car with 12 amps lol ..fun fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif ) and the voltage changes in the signal path about the same as it does from the outputs of an amp important part here is to not clip in our clip out. to do this with a single amp system a voltmeter and an osiloscope is needed. when doing a system i add an rta for a sound leveling effect to find a true linear setting between sub and reg speaker amps. there are many reasons i do this (some say its unecessary) but it helps you learn what the car/system will do prior to doing anything drastic. there are also alot of decks claiming high voltage out (4v and higher) look at them via an osiloscope i think youd be suprised they dont do it cleanly enough to use to full potential. i could tell you about the worst two weeks of my audio life here but its a sad story and is through this expereince i put it like this. if i knew then what i know now id be a happier camper lol prolly a lil more famous too lol and no i am/was not tryin to insult you if we were having a convo and i said this you'd prolly been smilin at the way i said it

man you got your point you are right but if you dont have your amp adjusted right and noise gets into the signal you hear it more with lower voltages than higher voltages but what your talking about is right im just saying with most people that dont know exactly what there doin and might not have bought the best stuff it sounds crappy my friend screwed around with his stereo thats all he did he relly didn't know anything about it at all just played with it till it worked best and he was always whining that he had some fuzyness in his subs and speakers until he had his stuff set right it was pretty much becuase he bought the cheapest rcas you could find thinner than the ones that come with the old nintendo i got sitting next to my tv they gathered some noise and untill he got everything adjusted right he could hear it pretty clearly after he got things adjusted you could still hear it but not nearly as bad but with lower voltages stuff like that can get pretty bad with higher voltages its "hidden" so to speak, a little bit better

enough bout that though man i think that we are both right under different circumstances and maybe we arent comunicating them well but this is bout a new cd player so lets keep it simpler than we are making it

i didn't look to closely at the clarion until the first person that said something about it i'd only looked at the features i was specifically looking for but its got alot more than that im down to the clarion and the alpine cda-9815 the pioneer the other guy suggested is ok but not the greatest. i got mail from them and ive never bought anyhting of theirs, they must want me to spend some money on them eh???

thats raising the noise floor but if the noise is present adding voltage will only make it worse. see all voltage is really in this scenerio is potential volume (it can be made into more though) you have a regular sine wave (signal) all the increased voltage is gonna do is make it bigger (louder) if within that signal there be ANY undesirables making the wave bigger INCREASES the problem. now there are several ways noise gets into a system depending on what it is (more likely than not) adding voltage is bad. part of what i did with my nightmare was make a line-driver out of an amp then used a old clark audio noise gate to try and cover it up (my horns are very sensitive 112db at 1w/1m) instead of gettin all "techy" what i shoulda just ripped everything down and rewired it with new stuff and tested it. would have taken far less time (prolly 2 days) and cost less. all i got out of this was a dnf at world finals (1rst round sq and a crappy patched score in the second with fried inputs on my horn amp lol) what even makes me more angry is i had beat 3 of the cars at finals (thaT PLACED TOP 5) already earlier that yr quite handly.

Originally posted by ryan_feine enough bout that though man i think that we are both right under different circumstances and maybe we arent comunicating them well but this is bout a new cd player so lets keep it simpler than we are making it

i didn't look to closely at the clarion until the first person that said something about it i'd only looked at the features i was specifically looking for but its got alot more than that im down to the clarion and the alpine cda-9815 the pioneer the other guy suggested is ok but not the greatest. i got mail from them and ive never bought anyhting of theirs, they must want me to spend some money on them eh???
basically get what you want for the right reasons..dont fall for a sales tactic (i am a salesman myself) i know more than most sales people about this crap and if they tell you a reason their stuff is better then they need to back it up. dont think im tryin to push somethin down your throat either i dont sell clarion but i always recommend spending less for same or better result.....but hey its YOUR money and i deal with 3 out of the 4 guys that bought that decks predicesor 2 yrs ago on a bi monthly occasion on settings that i would soon as dissable than mess with. why? because to me i know what the other end of this spectrum is and you cant cram all the goodies into a deck sized package and call it world class...cause if they could someone woulda already done it.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ouch man that hurts i think you understand what im sayin and i get what your saying its to late to think that much and im sick of typing the same crap over again in a little different way im sure you are to so what do you think about the alpine model gimme your comparison of the 9815 and the clarion

the alpine is very nice when they work lol (i owned two of their top line models during those yrs) and neither lived past 2 yrs. i dont believe im hard on them cause i still have a 14 yr old deck (it still works well) that was replaced by and replacing them lol. i just like what the clarion brings to the table with 2 yr warranty and price point.....the alpine doesnt offer 24 bit d/a's until u go f1 and imho on board eq's **** so at a higher price what does the alpine really offer over the clarion that you would use?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ryan_feine

10+ year member
ryan_feine
Rushford, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views