Which HU ~$200?

ctmaudi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Akron, OH
Only running subs right now, and stock speakers (2010 Rogue), but might get a nice set of fronts with an amp later on. Just looking for the best qound quality HU around $200 or less. I normally would go with Pioneer right away, but seems they are what they used to be. Thought these looked ok.

JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69 CD receiver at Crutchfield Signature

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494 CD receiver at Crutchfield Signature

JVC Arsenal KD-A815 CD receiver at Crutchfield Signature

The first comes with a set of 6x9s I could ebay to get some money back. I listen to music from my Zune plugged in to the aux input. BT would be nice, but not needed.

I already asked him about it. My car ***** and needs $35 worth of instalation stuff that comes free from crutchfield, and kind of ruins the deal for used.

Can someone point out what advantages there are with that one compaired to the cheap one, that would actually be usefull to me? If I can save $80 and get free speakers to resell without losing much, seems like a winner.

I have a kenwood KDC-X794 and I love it, you can get them off ebay for less than $200. I would check it out.
$149 new on Amazon, no front Aux //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I already asked him about it. My car ***** and needs $35 worth of instalation stuff that comes free from crutchfield, and kind of ruins the deal for used.

Can someone point out what advantages there are with that one compaired to the cheap one, that would actually be usefull to me? If I can save $80 and get free speakers to resell without losing much, seems like a winner.
2 usb's and BT capable. So, you can run mp3 players, and your phone at the same time. Hand free is great. And it is said to have one of the best BT setups.

Also this deck is rated top in its class for the price range. It is the deck to get.

2 usb's and BT capable. So, you can run mp3 players, and your phone at the same time. Hand free is great. And it is said to have one of the best BT setups.
Also this deck is rated top in its class for the price range. It is the deck to get.
The USB wont work with Zune, none of them do. Only Ipods and USB thumb drives. Ive got a BT headset for calls, so hands free doesnt do anything for me.

Is there any sound or power gain from one to the other?

The deck is considered a very high quality sound deck, with higher than average rated output, and it puts out what it says it does.

And the BT is useful for your phone, because it attenuates the stereo so you know a call is coming in, and it drops the volume automatically.

The deck is considered a very high quality sound deck, with higher than average rated output, and it puts out what it says it does.
And the BT is useful for your phone, because it attenuates the stereo so you know a call is coming in, and it drops the volume automatically.
Alright, Im leaning towards it, but money is tight. Just dont want to save 20% and regret it later.

Any idea if there is a double din with good preout voltage and sound quality under $300?

Not a chance on that one......unless you go used. I have looked. Eclipses are the only decent ones. My alpine has 2v.

And you should buy the better deck now, instead of wishing you had later.

Im short on cash, got to wait for some stuff to sell before I can get anything else. Well see what I have to deal with soon. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ctmaudi

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ctmaudi
Akron, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date