Which components would you get?

Alex81
10+ year member

If you had 2 to 300$ to spend on a pair of 6.5 inch components

which ones would you go with?

I have read so manoy articles and reviews that I am more confused

then when I started looking. Would really appreciate your advice gentlemen.

A consensus of at least two of the same opinions would be extremely helpful

If you had 2 to 300$ to spend on a pair of 6.5 inch componentswhich ones would you go with?

If I was u I would take a ride up to The Woodlands....

Bico Stereo - German Maestro CS6508IV-2

Bico Stereo - Arc Audio ARC6000

Just so as not to agree with quack, and give you two of the same opinions in only the first 2 responses, here are fo mo possibilities (and four different manufacturers, lol) juss off the top of my head:

Hertz HSK 165

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Focal Polyglass 165VB

CDT CL-62PRO

This site is very helpful. They give very accurate reviews for high end, overall, and budget equipment
Car Audio Reviews and Rankings - Bestcovery

My recommendation for your system on the amount you have to work with (if you are going for great sound over

what it looks like)

Head unit - the alpine cde-123 doesn't look the best or have the greatest features with it, but it

blows away anything near its price range in sound quality..

Sub - the sundown subs are some if the best out there for the price. But I would consider the JL Audio 3w2 I believe its called.

If you get a decent sub, having plenty of quality watts to push it makes all the difference. Getting a solid amp

to power the sub is going to be the hardest part on your budget. A new amp that will do the job good that is brand new

is going to take over 50% of your budget at least. Look around for used ones.

My advice? Join in on other threads and talk to other people, there are some cool people on here that will

help you out. Don't just post when you have a ? for yourself

Amp - just read about an amp that you can get for $180 that is really surprising for all it will do for the price.

The Boston acoustics 2200. It's 4 channels, don't remember all the specs, but I'm buying one. It can do 900 watts

when bridged and power a sub well, or push 4 or 2 high quality speakers

Speakers - Most important decision you will make in the system. You Must Get Component Speakers.

A lot of full range speakers are nice, but components are on a completely different level. For these I would

be patient because you will most likely have to buy used, but well worth it.

Apologies for the novel, but I hope some of this advice was helpful

The only thing you will get it if you rush into this is a expensive
I only see 2 options if you are set on doing it with 300

1. Get on EBay and other sites with used gear. The stuff on here is probably too high end for your budget. But I have seen

2 12 inch kicker's as well as Alpine's in boxes with amps included for 250-300

2. Buy the JL w3 amp which is about a 100 and is the best sub in its price range easily. Also buy the box, do A Lot of research on it because its the most

Important aspect to how good the system will sound. Have some patience and get the amo next paycheck

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

@$300 you should look into piecing together your own. I've own all types over the years and I'm just as happy with my pieced together component sets as I was with some of the high dollar sets. currently rocking some Cadence and would gladly put them up to any set on the market, spent $200 for 4 of their CVL 6.5 and a pair of 1" ZRS tweeters. IMO these sound better than the QSDs that I had a while back which I believe are the cleanest sounds component sets ever. just my opinion.

Save your money and get yourself Morel Maximo's, for $200 they are a steal. I auditioned alot of sets before buying mine and the only one that sounded better near that price range was H.A.T. Imagine's but they were $100 more than the maximo's.

Image Dynamics XS65

%24%28KGrHqZ,%21roF%219BqFRzFBQYMVQBCJg%7E%7E60_1.JPG

Image Dynamics XS65 6.5" Component Speaker System | eBay

If you had 2 to 300$ to spend on a pair of 6.5 inch componentswhich ones would you go with?

JBL MS-60C (about $200)

or open box Hybrid Audio Unity (see here if the deal still exists for $300, normal price is $400)

If you wait until the holidays, I am 90% sure there will be $300 or lower deals on JL Audio C5 speakers, which are also good.

If I had to spend $300 on a set of component speakers right now, my first choice would be to check on the HAT Unity deal. The cheaper HAT Imagine speakers in the same link are also very good, but you _have_ to use them with an active crossover. The built in crossover network does not tame the tweeter enough in my experience. Past that, the JBLs are supposed to be a good value. There is a review of them and the hat unity on talkaudio.co.uk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.