RSD65cs - Phoenix Gold# RSd 6-1/2" 2-way Component Speakers System

# Power Handling: Peak 120 watts / RMS 60 watts

# Interwoven Tinsel Leads

# Optimized Magnet/Motor Structure

# Sensitivity: 88 dB

# Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 20 kHz

# 4 Ohm Impedance

is the 60w RMS per SPEAKER or per PAIR?
60 watts RMS per component set (woofer/tweeter combination). The woofer can take a great deal more than 60 watts RMS but the tweeter can not. I still have a pair of RSD65cs woofers somewhere around here but I sent the tweeters to the other side with 280 watts RMS per channel.

60 watts RMS per component set (woofer/tweeter combination). The woofer can take a great deal more than 60 watts RMS but the tweeter can not. I still have a pair of RSD65cs woofers somewhere around here but I sent the tweeters to the other side with 280 watts RMS per channel.
what the standard budget amp to drive a pair of those?

and what about adding the phoenix gold 6x9 faded out as a rear fill? then i'd need a 4 channel.

what the standard budget amp to drive a pair of those?and what about adding the phoenix gold 6x9 faded out as a rear fill? then i'd need a 4 channel.
The only budget amp I have experience with is the Cerwin Vega EXL-400.4 and it was a nice amp for the price. Those on this forum tend to like the MB Quart Discus DSC4125, but I have no experience with that amplifier, so I can not comment on it personally.

I am also not a fan of rear midrange and high frequency drivers but am a strong advocate for taking the budget you would have spent on the rear fill and applying it to your front speakers. The only exception is if you have passengers who routinely ride in the back seat. Even then you would need to keep the gain fairly low so you don't deafen them with the 6x9s inches away from their heads. In other words, you could get away with head unit power on the rear speakers.

Those Phoenix Gold RSD comps are crap. If you want something that lasts, look elsewhere.

If you don't mind used, a set of Pioneer PRS 6.5"s would do nicely. They can be had for around $200 used, and are much better quality than anything else in that price range.

Love the car, too, btw. I'm a Saints fan, so the color/tint is PERFECT! lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.