What's the best amp under $300

HiFonics has been around for years. the older amps, early 90's are amongst the best ever made hands down. And were made here in USA. Your gonna have various answers/reasons about Hifonics and people either hate them or love them. The little older ones, early 2000's are pretty good overall budget amps. There after is when things start to go downhill focusing on mass quantity (mainstream) rather than quality.

I wouldn't say they are overrated but there ratings can be misleading, generally we test about 10% lower then printed rated power, but underfed majority of the time yea. They have also been around long enoughf to prove durability and power if power is supplied - hence alternator and battery.
How many have you heard about catching fire?

How good is there warranty and board?

I'm not all about hifonics at all trust me lol, but for durability and budget it's a perfect amp IMO.

just my opionion.
Yeah, you're right, but if you are on a budget and only care about dynamic power they're fine. My BRX 2400 makes good power. Maybe not rated, but enough
i'd be willing to bet money, you gain a lot of loudness and sound quality swapping over to an audiopipe apcl 1800.

I owned two BRX 2400, sh*t amps compared most of the stuff out there. supposedly 4800 watts total or more like 4000 since its "overrated"

However even against a DC 3.5k, which is only 3.5k certified on the amp dyno, that DC absolutely destroyed the other two in both loudness and sound quality. the BRX even with no subsonic filter, didnt play anything under 30hz well at all. the DC got me playing down to low 20s and at least several dbs louder than the two. So the 3500 watts amp outperformed two supposedly 2400 watt amp. Not all power is created equal. Some amps are just plain junk vs other amps that are designed right.

Another run in with hifonics is my buddy's explorer which we tested a hifonics brutus 2200 vs an audiopipe apcl 1500. Same fking issue with the hifonics needing high gain, not playing lows, and overall not that loud. The audiopipe at 1/5 gain was already louder than the hifonics at 75% even with full 4 volt pre-out. The audiopipe played down to low 20s easily while the hifonics was cutting off at 29hz. Box was tuned to 28hz. WTF is that sh*t

The audiopipe is 50 bucks less and performs miles better. the new school hifonics nowadays is basically overpriced overhyped boss amps.

i'd be willing to bet money, you gain a lot of loudness and sound quality swapping over to an audiopipe apcl 1800.
I owned two BRX 2400, sh*t amps compared most of the stuff out there. supposedly 4800 watts total or more like 4000 since its "overrated"

However even against a DC 3.5k, which is only 3.5k certified on the amp dyno, that DC absolutely destroyed the other two in both loudness and sound quality. the BRX even with no subsonic filter, didnt play anything under 30hz well at all. the DC got me playing down to low 20s and at least several dbs louder than the two.

Another run in with hifonics is my buddy's explorer which we tested a hifonics brutus 2200 vs an audiopipe apcl 1500. Same fking issue with the hifonics needing high gain, not playing lows, and overall not that loud. The audiopipe at 1/5 gain was already louder than the hifonics at 75% even with full 4 volt pre-out. The audiopipe played down to low 20s easily while the hifonics was cutting off at 29hz. Box was tuned to 28hz. WTF is that sh*t
I agree they're **** in the grand scheme of things. I will be running far away from them ASAP! (Probably to taramps) but being 16 it's what I could get and it does the job lol. There's a reason I bought a BRX 2400 for a 750 watt sub haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.