what you think?

hmmm

yeah I just plugged in the year and model into crutchfield and they do not have crap for information...

IF you want to get a new HU~

here is a link for the dash kit>>

http://www.installer-parts.com/by_item.php?it=99-2005

and here is the harness "if" there is not a Bose system

*dont know if this is a good place to get it....its just a link"

http://www.bicostereo.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=848

Metra 70-2001 is the model number you would need. "radio shack carries metra gear"

Honestly, I believe that if it was a Bose then it would either say it on the radio, or a speaker grill somewhere in the car.

You should just do the install yourself....it would save you alot of money and it would also give you a wonderful feeling of accomplishment

Curtis

even if you rewire the car it shouldn't cost over $200 to do it right...... it is a little time consuming about 4 hours of labor...some of those cars take a special custom made dash kit....if you have a center ch' speaker it probally needs rewiring...if it has a brain behind the rear seat passenger side...that is also where antenna goes in...it will need some rewiring not quite as bad though....

Yeah, I'll more than likely wire everything myself. Absolutely. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and even though it's a very simple setup, I installed the subs and amp I have now without the use of a HU preamp without, in my opinion, a reduction of sound quality. I was mostly focused on getting good, solid connections and using the right size cables and so on.

Fas as the HU, it says nothing. I'm positive that at one time it did, because I've seen pictures of both the Bose and the Delco units on eBay and a couple of hits off of google, and they all look like the exact same thing I have. Speaker grills are the same.

But omg on that link for the dash kit. I can NOT find one locally and my google searches always come up nil. Thanks a grip for that.

even if you rewire the car it shouldn't cost over $200 to do it right...... it is a little time consuming about 4 hours of labor...some of those cars take a special custom made dash kit....if you have a center ch' speaker it probally needs rewiring...if it has a brain behind the rear seat passenger side...that is also where antenna goes in...it will need some rewiring not quite as bad though....
No center speaker. Two door speakers and two 6x9s on the rear dash. Had to remove the back carpet panel in my trunk (right in front of my rear seats) to get to the fuse box that holds my ignition fuse, among others, to wire my amps remote lead so it turns on and off with the ignition. Couldn't hook it to the HU. But I got a special connector for that as well.

But behind the seat are QUITE a bit of electronic equipment...boxes (maybe a Bose amp???), and wiring. Very confusing, and plus I'll have to remove this OTHER panel, metal this time kind of like a webbish design just to get a look at the boxes...further adding to my difficulty of finding out if I have the Bose or not.

Post some pics. If you have a Bose system, it will say it on something. Usually the door speaker grills say Bose iirc.
I'll definitely post pictures tomorrow, but I'm going to try today. It'll be a little after 7pm my time...Eastern. I've looked everywhere for the Bose logo. Can't find it. Unless it's behind that metal panel in my trunk, if there's a Bose amp back there. The only thing I haven't done is pop the HU out and look at the back of it. I have no clue how it comes out because if there's keys to it I don't have them, and I can't find them at auto parts stores or 2 Cadillac dealers around here. I haven't tried the net, though. But I don't even know if they take those key things anyway...it's really hard to explain without the picture of my HU so you can see what I mean when I say there's no gaps, screws, or anything. I tried going in through the ashtray at the bottom, the seams around my console and everything. The HU, AC unit, gear shift, and console are all in one freakin piece.

No problem on the link for the dash kit

One of my buddies has a 96 Eldorado and I remembered that Metra had kits for most Lacs.

make sure you look up how to remove everything though....I think you have to remove the shift knob to take out some of the dash FYI

If I find anything else I will link it to your for sure

good luck dude

curtis

OMG, dude. That's IT! Man picture "C" looks like my setup, to the T!!! My shifter is a lot different, though. It's more wideset than in that picture, and the shift button is pressed with your forefingers, instead of your thumb like what looks like in those pictures in that link.

Also. Just walked outside and took a look. Nothing to unscrew on the shifter, and no screws in the ashtray. I really need to put a few pictures up. My GF is at work and she has the cam in her purse from where we took it to a bday party last night. But I don't have to be at work until 11pm, so I'll get them up before then...say around 7 or 8.

Okay, here's the pictures.

My car...

034.jpg

033.jpg

First off, here's what I'm looking at in regards to my HU and console...

026.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Here's my door speaker grills, note no Bose identification...

025.jpg

027.jpg

Here's what the inside of my trunk looks like...pictures are in order from left to right. Notice the remote lead connected to the fuse box...

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Finally, just for shits and giggles, here's my amp and sub combo. Don't laugh, it's all I have. YOU CAN SEE MY EAGERNESS TO UPGRADE!!!

028.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BallinOrBallOut

10+ year member
BallinOrBallOut
Clarksville, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from