What would you do?

IMXELITE
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My girlfriend brought me $600 in gift cards for bestbuy. I'm building a system for my truck and I was going to purchase the headunit and HD radio from bestbuy. Everything is being installed my audio shop that normally does work on my car. Should I use the giftcard money and let bestbuy do the (Headunit only) since its only 49 bucks or let my shop do the entire install? I'm just trying to spend the giftcard money and have no use for anything else in bestbuy.

if you let best buy do it, just check it over afterwards. idk your local stereo shop, but around here im sure best buy would do just as good of a job as my local stereo shop.

My shop charges $100 for install.. I highly doubt bestbuy would do a better install job then them. : ) But I mean we are talking about a headunit it's a piece of cake to install. I wish I could sell my giftcards on ebay but I don't for two reasons.

1. high fraud dealing with giftcards

2. people would want to pay 500 for 600 in giftcards, and with the ebay/paypal fees it's not worth it

My girlfriend brought me $600 in gift cards for bestbuy. I'm building a system for my truck and I was going to purchase the headunit and HD radio from bestbuy. Everything is being installed my audio shop that normally does work on my car. Should I use the giftcard money and let bestbuy do the (Headunit only) since its only 49 bucks or let my shop do the entire install? I'm just trying to spend the giftcard money and have no use for anything else in bestbuy.
i thought they installed head units 100 bucks and over for free?

i thought they installed head units 100 bucks and over for free?
I was talking about my personal audio shop that charges 100 bucks. But thats before I talk to the owner. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I would never pay that I'll learn how to do it myself before I paid those prices. But in my area that audio shop does a lot of high end car installs and people are comfortable paying those prices.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Best buy does not install decks for free anymore...just CC. Also, if you REALLY wanted to if you went into Best Buy and talked to the managers and complained...blah blah blah, they could cash out the gift cards for you. You would have to try pretty hard though.

If that doesn't work then get all the stuff installed at the same shop, it makes it easier on the shop doing the install.

They don't expire so just hold on to it until you really need it. I had a little less than $1k in gift cards to Best Buy and I have slowly bought stuff to where I don't have any more there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IMXELITE

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
IMXELITE
PHILLY, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date