WHat would you do?...

Participant count
  • Participant list

krisfnbz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Frederick MD
My setup is listed in my sig....

I have a decent alpine MRPF550 powering my rainbow SLX265 comps in the front, currently giving them about 90 a door. I have some cheap alpine coaxes in the back getting like 40-50 and honestly you can barely even hear them from the front of the car.(Plus the covering absorbs the sound from the rear deck anyways for the most part.)

So I have the amp running 2 4 ohms x 4. You guys recommend me to bridge the front rainbows and give them 150 a door and either ditch the rear, or just hook them up to HU Power?

When I set the gains on both pairs of speakers I used a 1khz tone @ -3db

Which in math world would mean the fronts are seeing about 19 on the multimeter, so when I send them 150 ir would be roughly about 24....

What do you guys think? I really like how the rainbows sound now...Does anyone have any experience with running them over 100 a door? They "say" 150 is max... and I could have swore that I read somewhere hear before that people were giving these things 150 and it was fine.

Its passive by the way.

Thanks guys... typically I always write my thoughts on here before I mess with anything just to make sure I dont fuvk anything up.

Kris

We are not into that kind of mumbo jumbo here in the lounge, hell a lot of us probably don't even have cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

krisfnbz

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
krisfnbz
Frederick MD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date