What would you buy with 400 dollars

Alpineforever
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Austin TX
Looking for a new headunit to replace my stock one so I can get a better signal to my amplifiers, but I''m curious as to what you guys would buy if you had 400 dollars to buy a headunit to replace your factory one and you wanted one that was easily adaptable to a music iPod, and sent a relatively clean signal at it's pre-amp outs...

What would you buy with 400 dollars and why?

Are the only options you need iPod control and pre-outs?

Save your money and get like a 200 dollar unit. Alpine 9885 comes to mind as well as the Pioneer DEH-P5000UB, both have full speed iPod control and 3 sets of pre-outs.

Are the only options you need iPod control and pre-outs?
All I need but I'd like as much functionality as possible, I don't care much for satellite radio tho

Eclipse CD5000 for about 260 (iPodi nterface for another 50 dollars:()

The Alpine 9885 for like 250 or so

The pioneer for 170 or so (pre-out voltage? Couldn't find how many volts.)

So could anyone whos had experience with more than one of these tell me how they compared?

Or could anyone whos used one of them tell me what kind of problems they've had with them?

Splurge on a high end pioneer with built-in blue tooth. You'll get the features you want plus you'll get to control your phone from the deck! I'm a huge fan of pioneer though, they build quality stuff that holds up for years.

i love my alpine cda-9885 its got all sorts of features that fit my needs. the only thing i wish it had was the bluetooth built in so i could use my iphone with it. I love using the full speed ipod connector, never sounded so good on stock speakers lol

nakamichi CD-500

absolutely outstand sound quality.. i will never go back from nakamichi to anything else. more practical unit for someone else would be a PRS880 or somethnig of the sort..

nakamichi CD-500
absolutely outstand sound quality.. i will never go back from nakamichi to anything else. more practical unit for someone else would be a PRS880 or somethnig of the sort..
does nak make something a little more up to date looking? all i have seen from them are the $2000 factory replacements

does nak make something a little more up to date looking? all i have seen from them are the $2000 factory replacements
No, they don't...but IMO the CD700II is one of the nicest looking HUs I've ever seen. Factory looking or not, it's sexy.

I've been running Pioneer units for years and I have been satisfied with every one of them. They are simple to use, and depending on what kind of looks you like, can be very nice looking units. Im currently running a DEH-780mp and it has more sound options than any unit within $200 of it to this very day (besides the Pioneer 880prs). Now that new 800prs looks really really sexy.

Prices on the website are way over what you would really pay for it.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/DEH-P800PRS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Alpineforever

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Alpineforever
Austin TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date