what would u you do?

Bangin-Contour
10+ year member

subs=rockford punch hx2 12s

amp=rockford 1000.1 mono

i really want a high SPL reading !!! the question is what type of box should i get??

im doin a be4and after reading be4 i hit 129 with the 2 rockford 12s in a medium sized sealed box {single chambered} from circuitcity i thought it should be way higher reading then 129 but i was using a 900wt interfire amp,so now i got my new 1000.1 and i think i should get a better box for spl but what should i get? anf how much of a differance should it hit from 129? maybe 135?

You should definitely be getting a higher reading than 129. I'd go with a ported box if you want SPL. Give the subs plenty of room, and I'd say tune it to around 30hz, that should give you a pretty big improvement.

if you just wanna get loud you need a LARGE ported box, like at least 4ft^3. bandpass is loud but gay, I wouldn't use one. Go to the rockford fosgate web site, iv'e heard they have info on box building info there that should outline what you need to be loud as hell, sq will suffer.

I would go with a dual chambered ported box a half cubic ft bigger per chamber than what they call forbut make sure you have the watts to push it. signed the Assasin

Mitsubishi Montero Sport LTD

Eclipse 5441 Head

2 sets focal polykevlar components

2 focal coax's

crossfire TEK 75.4 for highs

2 crossfire 1000d for subs

4 crossfire BMF's in 4.0 cu ft quad chamber ported box

4 RF 1 digital farad caps

thanks for all the help ,

im goin to go with a large ported box with 2 ports and the box will be dual chamber

and the ports will be 4 inches in diamater and like 18 centimeteres long ???

is this good or bad is that how i tune the box??????

Yeah I think that should be good but just to on the safe side call you local audio shop and give them the total cubic ft of one chamber. they will tell you the port size per chamber. Do not give them the total cubic ft for the box or you ports will be a little bigger than their supposed to be. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bangin-Contour

10+ year member
Bangin-Contour
BUFFALO,NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from