what will i hit??

traksta15
10+ year member

I love lamp.
if i got 2 pioneer premier TSW2000SPL 12'S in a ported box (don't know what size yet...that's where ya'll come in...)in a 90 model camaro, completed dynomatted, and either facing straight back towards the taillights agains the glass, or down in the dip facing up....with prolly an abahn A2502DP amp (750x2)....i know it probably won't be that awesome but im just curious....sorry for the missing box size, maybe you can give me a suggestion and then tell me my approx. score.....any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Theres no possible way to tell what you can hit. You can have a very broad range, like the one listed above...but no one can accurately tell you.. Get on a mic and find out for yourself. Dont forget to come back and let us know what you hit

I have done the calculations, you will hit 144.83 db's, accounting for elevation from sea level of course. Sorry, I can't factor it out to 3 decimal places without knowing the enclosure size.

you also could hit a tree if you ain't watching the road. Just messing don't take it serious. Just check around to local stores or watch on here even if you here of some comps coming up in your area and go there. Or even ask there might be someone on here that has one that lives in your area, you never know.

But we know it takes 3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop. The owl answered that for us.

Shouldnt' matter what you hit, as long as you are happy with the amount of bass that it is putting out, then you lose your hearing, so you need louder.

couldnt agree with you more..i dont care what i hit on a mic all i care about is how it sounds..if your that into car audio then go for it...

I have done the calculations, you will hit 144.83 db's, accounting for elevation from sea level of course. Sorry, I can't factor it out to 3 decimal places without knowing the enclosure size.
thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. there is no way you can calculate the approximate spl level. You have 8 million factors to account for. here, I'll list some of the obvious ones:

speaker grills (cloth, plastic, none)

type of car

size of car

enclosure size

altitude of exact location

car material

age of car

age of charging system

size of wire

size of battery

size of alt

humidity

barometric preasure

HU

RCA quality

speaker wire quality

speaker mounting

All im saying is ther is no way in h ell, you could even come close to an approximate decible level.

thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. there is no way you can calculate the approximate spl level. You have 8 million factors to account for. here, I'll list some of the obvious ones:
speaker grills (cloth, plastic, none)

type of car

size of car

enclosure size

altitude of exact location

car material

age of car

age of charging system

size of wire

size of battery

size of alt

humidity

barometric preasure

HU

RCA quality

speaker wire quality

speaker mounting

All im saying is ther is no way in h ell, you could even come close to an approximate decible level.
That's why it was sacrastic genius //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Although I'm not quite sure how RCA quality is going to affect SPL...........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.